Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
How did your steering wheel get dirty?
Mine just gets dusty and I wipe it down with a cloth...
Maybe a wet cloth if its really bad??
It can't possibly bethat dirty, can it?

R

·
0 Posts
If anyone thinks that their steering wheel isn't dirty, think again. Your hands get dirty and oil on them from just touching a door handle or a desk, or even a keyboard....wash before driving if you are anal like me....

On the actual steering part of it, use a leather cleaner and conditioner. On the airbag portion and the column surround, use something like 303 Aerospace Protectant or Armor All. DO NOT USE 303 or ARMOR ALL on the STEERING PORTION!!! I REPEAT, DO NOT USE 303 or ARMOR ALL on the STEERING PORTION!!! This will dry out the leather.

·
1,020 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
If anyone thinks that their steering wheel isn't dirty, think again. Your hands get dirty and oil on them from just touching a door handle or a desk, or even a keyboard....wash before driving if you are anal like me....

On the actual steering part of it, use a leather cleaner and conditioner. On the airbag portion and the column surround, use something like 303 Aerospace Protectant or Armor All. DO NOT USE 303 or ARMOR ALL on the STEERING PORTION!!! I REPEAT, DO NOT USE 303 or ARMOR ALL on the STEERING PORTION!!! This will dry out the leather.
Also be careful about what you put on the leather on the outter grip, having your hands slip off while in a sharp turn is no fun.

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
303 Aerospace cleaner diluted with water, or Simple Green 50/50 water mix.. it'll clean it right up. Don't use full strength tho.

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
I use Eagle 1 leather cleaner, followed up by their conditioner. It preserves it nicely, but doesn't make it slippery. Same stuff I use on the shift boot and seats. :)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I use Griot's garage interior cleaner. It's AMAZING how dirty a steering wheel gets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts