Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, My car's been idling like shit lately. It always think that it's overheating when idling. When it's warmed up, it idle @ 500rpm & sometimes stall.

THe heater sometimes blow hot air and then blow cold air the next minute.....

anyway, i figured i take the TPS & ISC off today to clean it. Here are the pics. Could anyone tell me how to properly clean it?

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
carb cleaner through the coolant passage in the ISC, tuner cleaner on all the electronics and contacts.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would compression test your motor as well. I took mine into Toyota once with the same 'idle @500rpm and stall sometimes' crap. They tried to tell me it was my ISC, tried switching with a working one, no go. So, figured it might be a headgasket...it was. Anyway, just to be safe, ya know.

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
Take your ISC apart. Clean all the gunk off with some degreaser/carb cleaner. Same with the diaphragm. THen test it's operation per TSRM instructions.

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
suprafly1986 said:
carb cleaner through the coolant passage in the ISC, tuner cleaner on all the electronics and contacts.
please i hope to god that you are joking...espcially with the rash of stupid posts recently i REALLY hope you are joking.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No need to clean the TPS.. just adjust as per TSRM

Cleaning coolant passages in the ISC wont do anything..
As racefiend said, take the ISC apart and clean it with carb cleaner, and clean the check valve as well..

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
figgie said:
please i hope to god that you are joking...espcially with the rash of stupid posts recently i REALLY hope you are joking.
Not joking. This is what ive always done. Carb cleaner and sensitive electronic devices don't seem to get along. People have ruined their AFM's and TPS by using carb cleaner. However, i've cleaned my isc, tps, contacts, afm, dash controls, etc. with tuner cleaner from radio shack and it has solved alot of probs and given me none.

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
check the hg blowing cold air through your heater system is a sign bhg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts