Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I just wanted to know what type of things i can do to get rid of some of the clutter in the engine bay....is there any parts i can just remove that i dont need any help is good.... o and another question dos anyone know if the HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve is good or not... i was interested in buying it but I guess it says that since the bov doesnt recirculate that it tends to leave a rich condition in between shifts....alright then peace

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
you can remove the charcol canister, the battery (relocate to the trunk), you can remove all the AC stuff, the anti-lock brake system (i know most keep it, but its also something to remove if you dont need them or race on a track), removing cold start idle up vacuum stuff located attached to the underside of the intake manifold, you can get a vacuum manifold and have all the line sfor vacuum run to the firewall instead of all on top of the engine... lots of stuff to do just check out other peoples engine bays.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The more stuff you remove, the more holes you have.
True but thats why you fill the holes. To "clean up" an engine bay correctly takes A LOT of time and planning ahead, to look good. It's not just about yanking out as much crap as possible. This is mine It took a long time and a lot of planning and there are still some things that I don't like and will be fixing this go around while the engine is out of the car again.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
^^^Delishioso^^^

About removing the AC stuff. I don't use my AC except to vent the hot engine air through the passenger vents. If I remove the AC stuff, will that void that ability?

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright I'll see what ima take out..... hey Boostedfloto what intake manifold ifs that cause I've seen it in a few supras and im debating whether i should got one or not....and is it good

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
True but thats why you fill the holes. To "clean up" an engine bay correctly takes A LOT of time and planning ahead, to look good. It's not just about yanking out as much crap as possible. This is mine It took a long time and a lot of planning and there are still some things that I don't like and will be fixing this go around while the engine is out of the car again.

Very clean, do you still have power steering or no?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts