Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I have a 94 TT and I was wondering if the 98 style clear front blinkers fit??

Modification ??

Thanks!

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
yeah you'll have to drill a third hole in the bumper, along the front inside of the turn signal

Also you will need new blubs and harnesses to fit the 97-98 turn signals, you can order the new plugs from any toyota dealer. You'll have to be creative with wiring.

Ting

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drilling shouldnt be a problem.. Im sure that when I get the lenses I will understand.. but as for the harness...

does the 98 harness mate up with the 94 version or will I have to test the wires...

wait.. then again.. there should only be 2 wires correct??

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
there will be four wires, two from each turn signal, and two from each parking light.

you will have to splice the parking lights from the stock headlight (assuming you are running 93-96 style)

contact peter shieh or Ryan hawkins in LA, they both have done it and can give you help.

Ting

·
259 Posts
Its really not that hard. When you order the 98 style lights, they come with the correct bulbs. The only thing you need to do is solder two wires to ONE of the light assemblies. Its hard to explain but once you get the lights you'll understand. As far as hooking them up, all you need is about 8ft of wire, soldering iron (if you wanna make good connections) and some electrical tape.

All you do it splice into your your drivers side orange side marker (the one right in front of your wheel). Run two wires (+ & - ) to the drivers new drivers side turn signal assembly and 2 more wires to the passenger side. These wires will connect to the WHITE bulbs on the new assemblies which are your fog lites. Next, take the wires that were connected to your OLD amber turn signals..cut the bulb and assembly off and THEN solder the wires to the corresponding wires coming from the orange bulb of the NEW turn signal assemblies. This is obviously your blinker lites.

Its rather easy..all a matter of simly matching up wires. Its much easier to do once you are actually looking at the new signals.

Good luck and shoot me an email if you need more help! Heres a link you can cut and paste to see what mine look like. BIG improvement over the amber ones IMHO!!

http://www.geocities.com/mebechatin/front.JPG

Jeff M

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya.. thanks for the help.. seems pretty straight forward..

Im glad I dont need to drill holes

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Jeff @ Jay Marks

actually, I just finished up this little project.
I got tired of looking for the right sockets in the local stores so I called Jeff @ Jay Marks and he hooked me up. He knows exactly what you need to get it installed. I think I payed $25 for everything. Probably spent more than that in gas driving to all the different parts stores :)

good luck

·
Registered
482 Posts
SpdRcr0 said:
Ya.. thanks for the help.. seems pretty straight forward..

Im glad I dont need to drill holes
If you don't drill holes,the turn signal wouldn't sit tight against the bumper and u'll probably see a noticble gap on the front :( Just MHO !
Regards Yasir

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
basically it is just the 98 harness'. Although, I think he has a cheaper (trick) method based on the parts he gives. You'll have to ask him.

I agree with yasir on the drilling also. I tried it with the two bolts and it just didn't seem sturdy. but to each there own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts