Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. So my buddy was wondering if they made clear hoses. For example. Radiator hoses, oil hoses, stuff like that?

Anyone make clear ones that are as reliable as normal ones?

WOuldn't that be kinda cool? :)

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
a clear radiator hose would be pretty cool :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
As a ChemE, I'm going to burst your bubble...

Clear sucks because
1) You coolant system will coat it with sludge in < 3000 miles
2) If it didn't, there are no polymers that are affordable (read < $500 per custom hose) that would handle the abuse and underhood heat long enough for you to spend the money.
3) If the hose existed, no MKIII owners could afford it out of glam. They'd spend there money on rims first.

·
Registered
358 Posts
jkturner said:

Clear sucks because
2) If it didn't, there are no polymers that are affordable (read < $500 per custom hose) that would handle the abuse and underhood heat long enough for you to spend the money.
3) If the hose existed, no MKIII owners could afford it out of glam. They'd spend there money on rims first.
KILLER OF DREAMS!!! Next thing I know ur gonna tell us all there is no Santa :nono:

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
^^ good points, i was thinking about the hose getting kind of grose looking when all the dirty coolant runs through but that would look so sweet, if it didnt get sludgy

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
talk about squashing hopes and dreams. :(

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^
????

Yeah, I figured so... other wise they'd already be out, I just thought it'd be really neat :)

jkturner said:

Clear sucks because

·
Registered
689 Posts
jkturner said:

Clear sucks because

haha thats what i was thinking, i was gonna say, judging from the look of my coolant reservoir they wouldnt be "clear" for long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts