Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

Just wondering whose magic hands you all let touch your baby. I've done construction on homes and even on boats for years, so you'd think I'd be comfortable with cars, but actually not dabbled much with car maintenance before I owned the sup. I'd be glad to learn how to do some of the easier things, just wanted where you local Cleveland mkiv owners go for routine maintenance like

oil change
coolant flush
tranny flush
injection service
wheel alignment

What do you pay?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting up with some of you soon...

P.S whoever was in the yellow mkiv n/a auto with the wing on mayfield on sunday, I was trying to talk to you, but didn't want to seem like a stalker or anything.

Thanks...

·
Banned
977 Posts
Hey man... As for most of us in Ohio.. you wont seem like a stalker especially if you own a sup and just wanna chat. Alot of the guys here would be more than willing to talk and bs.

As far as reputable shops this is what i have heard from other members:
Mike at
Powerline Engine

Also Don at (In toledo)
Gear headz

I have delt with powerline as I needed something fixed quick and they did a good job.
I have heard alot of great things about Don and gear headz and I plan on taking my car there so don can make it a beast.. just havent gotten the $$ set yet.
Don does good work!

Hope that helps a bit.
If you need other info or need help pm me.
-Skilor

·
Registered
120 Posts
My friend is just opening his shop, he's the only one that has worked on my SC & he did a great job. His website isn't up yet, but his name is Bob & the shop is Performance Technologies in Mentor. If anyone needs him for anything, his # is 440-796-7727.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
The services you mentioned can easily be done by anyone; unless you live at an apartment complex and can't work on your car outside.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i'm in cleveland as well (currently supra-less) but i would just do the work myself. All that stuff you mentioned is pretty basic and you should be fine doing it yourself. But i know of a few shops in downtown cleveland or cleveland area that i would trust.

Switzer's shop and Pressure treated tech
Alignment-wise, i use to take my supra to Gallati's (sp) in North Olmsted.

P

·
Banned
328 Posts
i do all my own stuff........i will say, dont go to power line engine in willoughby, they have a single turbo mkiv but their shop is so disgusting and they are pretty big assholes, and they want to tell you what to do to YOUR car.... a buddy of mine works at the body shop across the railroad trackes from them, the body shop was redoing a 1G eclipse, power line had the engine out of the eclipse for about 8 months and didnt even touch it but they said they could have it done in 2-3weeks max! plus they clain the supra is in the 950 range but its barley 690 dont go to them!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts