Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else had this same problem or not, but I thought I'd let you know what was causing it. When I would press my clutch pedal down slowly, there was this loud click coming from under my car. I couldn't figure it out. It only happened when I pressed the pedal down slowly, and didn't happen at all when I released the clutch pedal. I jacked up the car and had someone press the pedal and realized the clicking noise was coming from the slave cylinder (aka release). There's a little depression in the clutch fork where the slave cylinder rod touches it. All I did was put some thick teflon grease in the depression and the problem was fixed. I guess the rod was hanging up on the fork momentarily and was hitting the plunger in the slave cylinder causing the sharp clicking sound.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Interesting post. What you've written is EXACTLY the symptomps I noticed this morning on my car. I'll get the fork checked as I dont think its related to the throw out bearign as some people have mentioned. (I only put a TRD single in a few thousand kms ago).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts