Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car is in gear and rolling, there is this ticking/clicking noise that comes from my driveshaft. I just put the tranny/DS back together and drove it around last night and that's when i found out. The noise is coming from the end of the driveshaft where it's connected to the rear diff.

all the bolts were tightened to factory specs and everything look good installed. What can be the problem?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
I finally got around to tightening the huge nut that interlocks the two driveshaft splines and it made a huge difference. Just something to checkout. Other things might be to check that the spacers are in the correct location for the rubber driveshaft hanger. I would assume if everything is not perfect or at an incorrect angle you could get a abnormal sound. Damn my Supra is high maintanance.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only thing I did was remove the 4 nuts and washers that screws onto the tranny and the 3 17mm nuts/bolts at the end of the driveshaft when removing my tranny. After I was done, I just put everything back the way I took it off.

Does anyone know what the clicking/ticking noise is? It only makes the noise when the drive shaft is spinning. It gets louder as car picks up speed. I pin pointed the location of the sound by lifting the rear tires and letting the car run in first gear.

·
11,221 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
What was it? My car's making this "click click" noise as the wheel rotate or shit. It only happens on the passenger's side though. I can hear it when the car's in neutral around 10-20 mph.

If memory served, it happened somewhere after I installed my suspension, but I don't see how that would make this noise. I also removed my shocks and reinstalled them, and still the noise.

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Exact same issue here.... psykotic rider, where are you? :)

michaelvanle said:
What was it? My car's making this "click click" noise as the wheel rotate or shit. It only happens on the passenger's side though. I can hear it when the car's in neutral around 10-20 mph.

If memory served, it happened somewhere after I installed my suspension, but I don't see how that would make this noise. I also removed my shocks and reinstalled them, and still the noise.

·
Banned
977 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
:stickpoke :wtflol:

Same Issue here... how did you fix it??
You cant come in here saing fixed and not say how... :liar:
LOL... Seriously.. WTF did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rte.17- Are you still having that chattering problem at idle with a stock FW? Remember me posting on your thread about a month ago? Well, that problem went away for me this time. I had to drop the tranny cuz my disk fused onto the fw and while i was there, I put in a new throwout bearing and pilot bearing along with new pp bolts.

I had a new TO and PB in there when I first got the clutch replaced so I don't know if the new TO I had in there was bad or I don't know what it could be. Ne ways, I did the clutch myself this time and the chatter is gone.

rte. 17 said:
yea, what the heck was the problem? lol

glad you got it fixed out, bro!

-jim

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up taking the whole DS out when I had to remove my tranny. There are total of 6 17mm bolts and nuts holding the end(towards the diff) of the DS. 3 of them were loose for some reason. I re torqued them to 58ft/lbs and the noise was gone.

Check and see if all the nuts/bolts are on according to spec and if it still makes that noise, then it could be the diff since that's what Chris B from HPF told me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts