Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need help finding out where this sound is coming from and what it can be. When I let off the clutch it makes this clicking noise, like when the driveshaft/rear end is under power, but it goes away right after that, like if I shift jerky it'll click. but if I shift smooth it doesn't. I had a friend stand outside my car and try to tell me where the noise is coming from, and it was right around the rear wheel area. like I said, when I shift a little jerky it'll click. Alright, thanks for any help guys :)

-shashu

btw, I got my 3 guage lotek pillar guage pod and it's beautiful :p I recommend it.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
Possibly a universal, or carrier bearing.

Use the search button, and see how to use the wild cards... and see if there are any other threads about this...

I can think of at least 2 I posted in before.

Good luck

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
mine does this too. Jerk when I start in 1st gear and when I shifted in other gears. If I let the clutch really smoothly, no sound or jerk. All u-joint has been changed as well as the center-bearing(brand new toyota), and the diff has been overhauled. Maybe my mech didn't set the pre-load properly, eventhough he said he checked it twice. I will have to check this out again this spring when me car goes out of storage. If I can't get this straighten out, I will go with a torsen, or kaaz, cusco diff. Getting tired of this.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can shift smoothly, just when I don't it does all this clicking or if I'm at low rpm's in gear and punch it, pretty much when the pressure on the driveshaft is too much.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my dad works at toyota, he got it checked out. rear end is blown! :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I was gonna ask, are they're any nice aftermarket ones? might as well get a good one so this doesn't happen again. What is a 9" ford rear end? Any help given to me to find some websites with aftermarket rear ends for the mkiii would be greatly appreciated.

ty
-shashu

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts