Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a authorized installer of clifford alarms and they wanted $700 installed for the matrix series. I was wondering were is a good place to buy clifford alarms online cuz i really dont want to pay retail. He said the install itself is going to be $150. This is going to be installed on a 2003 Lincoln LS. Also what if any other things i should buy to add to the system or which system to buy. i want one with remote start, windows down, shock sensor, siren, etc.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The clifford Matrix 3 is a sucky alarm, I don't know how he is charging you so much for such an outdated alarm. When I installed those I had nothing but problems with the remotes breaking. Get the Viper 791 or Avantgaurd alarm if you are going to spend that much money. PM for a better price on the Viper.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
I just bought myself a 791... if you read my posts in this section you'll see me praising it like no other... its a great alarm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea i searched this section this morning and read about the viper. I justed stopped by a shop near by to see what they had today and only carried clifford. I was also looknig into the Matrix RSX 3.5. I may just get the 971 since i read about how everyone raves about it online and just get it installed at that shop for $150.

·
Registered
703 Posts
There are no online authorized clifford retailers. If there is I haven't seen it. Your best bet is to buy it off ebay and have someone else do the install. $700 installed is a ridiculous price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got back form a authorized viper dealer. He showed me another system called autopage. http://autopagesystems.com/t_home.cfm He says its better then the viper for the same price. Comes with 2 remotes, FM and FM band instead of FM AM. It seems like a really nice system and with a price of $450 or $500 installed (i forget the price) it seem really good. Anyone here run this system or heard anything about it?

·
Search
3,303 Posts
rsx 3.5 and 791 are the same, as far as i know. i havn't sold the 3.5 in a long time so i don't remember if there are any differences but they're pretty damn similar

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a 3.5, i got it when i worked for a DEI retailer, i paid 150 and 150 for install so find someone that works at bestbuy of something and make a buddy, the alarm works great for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts