Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instant I fix something, something else breaks - Why does this happen to me everytime?! Had no problems with my car in a long time, then the master cylinder just instantly dies outta nowhere. No biggy, fixed that... now my climate control died lol. All the climate control buttons are dead and not lit up. I didn't even touch anything near there, as far as I know. I already checked/replaced every fuse and relay I saw in the fuse box under the dash and under the hood. I replaced the 7.5A "heater" fuse multiple times because that is the one that controls like everything I'm pretty sure. I also tested/swapped the 30A "fan" relay under the hood and the 50A relay that I believe is for the blowers.

I'm looking at the wiring diagram and I see a "blower control relay" with 5 wires going to it - I don't know where this is, but I'm guessing it's not a standard relay I can buy at the store - Maybe it's actually a small toyota module? Then I see this giant "a/c amplifier thing", which looks like it's near the ecu in the diagram. I assume that is what does all the climate control. What are the odds that thing went bad randomly? Probably pretty expensive I'm guessing. Any other ideas? All I did was change the clutch master cylinder, so I was messing around by the clutch pedal, but that's about it.

·
NAKA
342 Posts
My climate control has been acting up to! I can't turn on my AC by just pressing the AC button. I need to hit auto then it comes online but I can only lower the adjusting. If I want to turn it up I need to hit auto again.

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
You might what to check the A/C amplifier and/or climate contol computer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
a/c amplifiers always fail on supras usually the blower motor will stop working. But ur a/c control head should still operate. Btw i have an extra a/c amplifier if u need one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... so usually just he blower motor stops working but the other controls work when the a/c amp fails? Everything is dead on mine... just like I pulled out that 7.5A heater fuse. I guess I should check if power is at least getting to the a/c amp first, and maybe check critical wires going to the back of the climate control buttons on the dash. Not exactly sure which ones to check though. Actually, I pulled my dash apart halfway and didn't even see the a/c amp - It should be right near the radio right? If so, I guess I'll really have to take everything apart... must be jammed behind my radio somewhere. I have so many wires and crap back there is unbelievable lol.

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
Look at the TSRM troubleshooting guide for the a/c. There step by step instructions for testing everything and it will tell you if something doesn't test right then the corresponding unit(s) are NG or No Good.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Just FYI...when hooking up a battery jumper or battery charger backwards and if the ignition key is in the "ON" position...you will fry the climate control ECU instantly.

Choritsu-shi

·
Registered
728 Posts
My climate control has been acting up to! I can't turn on my AC by just pressing the AC button. I need to hit auto then it comes online but I can only lower the adjusting. If I want to turn it up I need to hit auto again.
Did you ever get this figured out??? Super old post I know

·
Registered
20 Posts
piggybacking off this old thread, My ac compressor has started to turn on and off rapidly regardless of whether my climate control A/C button is turned on or off. so in other words the A/C will be blowing ice cold even when the unit is off, the compressor will click on and off a few times within a few seconds, then all of a sudden resume normal operation. Almost seems like a relay flipping out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
piggybacking off this old thread, My ac compressor has started to turn on and off rapidly regardless of whether my climate control A/C button is turned on or off. so in other words the A/C will be blowing ice cold even when the unit is off, the compressor will click on and off a few times within a few seconds, then all of a sudden resume normal operation. Almost seems like a relay flipping out.
Hi! sorry for bringing old thread back to life
did you figure out what was the problem? Mine starts doing the same things, no matter if I press the A/C button the air con is ON. clutch on air con compressor sometimes is goin off for about second but that's it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts