Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to bump all those pre 2010 threads so here goes

I lost control of my HVAC within the last few days. I had only heat or only AC but the dial didn't adjust to anything in between before. Now I'm stuck on only heat as my last drive was a 50 degree morning with defrost on. Decided to pull my dash and it looks like my climate control box is damaged? The solder points and wiring going to the temp control also look terrible. Is this fixable or should I get a whole new unit. All the other buttons work aside for a sticky off button from time to time. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only person I could think to ask is @Stu Hagen. He may be able to repair, but not sure he even offers a service like that.
Thanks. I was considering changing the light bulbs behind this as well but I didn't want to destroy anything in the process. It all seems quite fragile. My odometer doesn't look the greatest either :/

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,875 Posts
If you end up getting a new one I'd be interested in your damaged one.

Reactions: JOutterbridge

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a new solder joint on the part i figured was the culprit but it only worked for a few weeks. I lost temp control again and now it makes a clicking noise in the vents every few minutes. I didn't open it up fully so I'm sure there is more inside that needs to be repaired. Luckily it did give me AC again for the 90 and 100 degree days last month :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts