Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my blown T66 with 0.7 ar and p trim rebuild as we speak. I am upgrading the compressor wheel to a T72, and the shop is recommending to have the exhaust side clipped by 10degrees. I have done quite a few searches here and on the web. It seems that clipping has a similar effect for increasing the ar. A 10degree clip is considered a mild clip. Their reasoning for the clipping was that the T72 would be benefit more from a like 0.81 housing and instead of buying a new housing, a 10degree clip would give the same performance by reducing the exhaust flow at the higher boost/rpms. Any opinion or thoughts on this?

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
well what goes in must come out. Clipping helps to exit the exhaust gases faster. Instead of clipping the p-trim wheel, I would say get a Q trim. The P will max out before the 72 wheel maxes out and will hinder the performance of the turbo.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I agree with spoolin...the p trim wheel is way too small. Even the q trim is on the small side.

Daniel

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But doesn't clipping the exhaust side provide a similar advantage of having a bigger wheel or larger a/r?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Clipping allows more flow to pass the blades. We do it on the Cummins stuff alot. It's effective in controlling EGT's, but a bigger hotside will be ideal. The 72w/.81 A/r is what I run, and love it. Get the Q trim and .81 A/r. Don't bother clipping a P trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts