Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks,
When I turn the dash lights on, the clock lights go out. Also, I have a euro clock in my dash. It was a plug and play situation. It worked perfectly for years, then it stopped. Can anyone help me out??? I have looked at the electrical manual, asked different people, but no answer. Help please.

Kim Truhart
94 TT Baltic Blue
Washington, DC

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,392 Posts
Digits light up and colon flashes when the key is in the ACC position and the parking lights are off? But the entire clock goes 100% black when the parking lights are turned on?

·
500hp+
482 Posts
Interesting, have you had anyone work on the wiring in your car lately or anything changed when the problem started.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,392 Posts
The clock works 100%.when I turn the lights on , the lights in the clock(analog), go out!
Ahh...I missed the "euro clock" statement the first time. I don't know anything about the internals of the euro clock illumination. Do you know if it's 2 separate bulbs (because there are no LEDs in a stock Supra)?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 separate bulbs. Those lights are supposed to come on when the dash lights come on. It worked earlier but stopped. I have changed the bulbs, so it's not that.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,392 Posts
Is the wiring connector the same for the euro clock as it is for the USDM clock?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,392 Posts
The clock dims after receiving +12v from pin 4 (the green/orange wire) when the parking lights are turned on. If the display goes out completely, and you've checked/changed the 2 bulbs, then there's an internal failure inside the clock. Is that clock capable of being disassembled?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts