Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ST165 CT26 turbo laying around. i mocked it up on the 7m in my cressida and i needed to spin the compressor side so it faces in the right direction. after clocking it the oil feed and drain is on the top. this wouldnt work would it? being that the oil drain needs to be facing down? thank you

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
unless you run custom oil drain lines no it wont work

·
Registered
376 Posts
s13slide said:
i have a ST165 CT26 turbo laying around. i mocked it up on the 7m in my cressida and i needed to spin the compressor side so it faces in the right direction. after clocking it the oil feed and drain is on the top. this wouldnt work would it? being that the oil drain needs to be facing down? thank you
All you have to do is remove the compressor housing. There is a role pin that needs to be removed. Once you do that you can rotate the housing. Did it to my MKII worked fine. The center section stays in it's normal position.

Allan

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
You have to pop out the center section, remove the guide pin, and put it back in the "supra" way.

Same with the compressor housing.

The stock oil lines will work and you need to use the Supra wastegate actuator.

Sorry, you are wrong Stallion.

I suggest that you find a Supra turbo and sell that st165 turbo on the all trac forum. It has a smaller compressor. Also it is probably old and not working well. If it was working well, you could get quite a bit of money for it from the All Trac guys and buy a Supra turbo.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
possibly... not likely though, considering that 3Sgte guys would rather buy a Supra CT over a stock 3SGTe Ct anyday of the week. stock for stock, off the shelf, the supra CT is a better investment... good luck getting rid of the celica/mr2 turbo. just buy a 2nd one of the same size and run "twins". or find a honda boy to buy the turbo

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the advice. i got the turbo for free from a friend who had it laying around and i was planning on rebuilding it and putting a bigger compressor on if i'd be able to make this one work. thank you very much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts