Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AEM/MOTEC/MARELLI

Those who have tuned their CLOSED LOOP LAMBDA MAPS, did you tune your air fuel ratios roughly and then enable the closed loop lambda control?

Or just dial in the desired AFR value and the stand alone does it?

Mert

· Registered
3,786 Posts
I dont know if there is a better way to do it, but I tuned my base map as close as possible and then enabled the closed loop function. For some reason I am having issues with the Aem wideband and aem seeing the same afr's. I have set up the calibration so that they see the same, but later the same day or next day they are off by as much as .7 afr's. I got frustrated and turned it back off. It now runs perfectly on the base map alone.

Lawrence

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lawrence,

Thank you very much.

I have been told that we need very precise fuel injectors in order to have the closed loop o2 control to function.

RC/Injectordynamics.....are some of the advised brands.

What is your turbo/engine setup?

Regards
Mert

· Registered
98 Posts
I dont know if there is a better way to do it, but I tuned my base map as close as possible and then enabled the closed loop function. For some reason I am having issues with the Aem wideband and aem seeing the same afr's. I have set up the calibration so that they see the same, but later the same day or next day they are off by as much as .7 afr's. I got frustrated and turned it back off. It now runs perfectly on the base map alone.

Lawrence
Ground offsets. Is the wideband grounded at the same point as the AEM box? If it isn't it'll cause that issue.

· Registered
109 Posts
Yep, check that you're grounding correctly. Also, you should tune the fuel map as close to optimal as possible before enabling the closed loop feedback -- and always tune fuel map with closed loop disabled.

Closed loop is setup to add/decrease fuel within some limits compared to the base map value (O2 FB Rich limit and O2 FB Lean limit). The limit as i recall is something like +/- 15% per default. Thus, close proximity of desired AFR and the base fuel map is important regardless of O2 Feedback. O2 FB is usually enabled only in vacuum area, below "O2 FB Maximum Load". One more reason to tune the fuel base map first.

I don't think injectors affect working of O2 feedback. When your ECU sees the same AFR as your wideband lambda, it is able to make useful fuel corrections. That is if your wideband lambda shows correct readings,...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.