Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
See post 35 and 41

Hey guys!

i cant wait im closing on my first house this friday! going to have a new home for the the wifey and supra lol. its a 4bdrm, 2full bath house (split) 1/2 acre lot, 2 1/2 car garage, the boiler is in the garage so it is actually pretty much a heated garage... Ill post pics once were in but plan on coming out for some BBQs and videoing of the cars! Cant wait to actually be in, its been craxy with the whole experience. the banks are very strict, which is a good thing being the economic state were in... but its been up and down and finally were closing.

just to let you guys know, if anyone is interested in buying, nows the time. interest rates are low and the gov just passed a bill which has been modded to be paid back but now its a grant for first time home buyers. they are giving you $8k and you do not have to pay it back... it was $7500 and you have to pay 500 every year when you file your taxes but now you dont have to it pay back. its a stimulous grant to intice first time home buyers... anyways, im excited to be closing after going through the whole process, with submitting an offer, signing contracts, engineer inspec, getting home owners, the whole 9. its been an up and down emotional roller coaster but it was worth it.

ill post pics soon and i hope to have the local guys over and be able to get together and talk shop and get some good videos going!
PS: anyone interested n looking for apatments or houses, my fiance works for remax so call me...

thanks guys

Geno~

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Congrats man,Party on saturday at ur house

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha thanks, wheres mine tho??
congrats dude, my house warming gift to you is a beer........which im drinking........right now........................................sorry

hey its ben right? havnt seen you since we were at todds lol. anyways thanks! i hope it all works ouot for you, hows the hardtop anyway?
Congrats man, I hope to be in a similar situation soon.
for show...
Party, your place?

·
ex BPU'er
5,096 Posts
congrats man! I'll be starting my house search in a few weeks as well... I might be asking you some first time home buyer stuff. Hope you don't mind!

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,557 Posts
I was going to mention the stimulous but of course if you were in the market you'd know about that. Its an extra motivating factor in my passive house hunt... might have to make it an active one instead...

·
2tight Racing
411 Posts
Your lucky your closing after dec. '08. I got mine September of last year so I could only get the $7,500 that i have to pay back $500 a year.

Cheers for being a new home owner.. :hail:

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
lucky cant seem to find the right house yet all still way over priced

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys! yes i will be doing somthing this summer when the weatehr shapes up! so all is invited lol

i can take a look and see when that grant is good too, whatever the date is you have till then to close on your first home...

fEnWiCK: thats sucks that you got it when it was in 08 but i would go back to your tax place and see what they can do, im assuming you filed not to long ago and that new grat passed like 2 weeks ago if that. see if they can reinstate that or somthing, there mihgt be somthing they can do. have you even gotten your check back yet? i would look in to that brutha...

Ben: you can move in but your getting charged rent or either i can take your car out and beat on it until mine is back up lol.

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Ben: you can move in but your getting charged rent or either i can take your car out and beat on it until mine is back up lol.
I forget why your is out again.

I'll pay you $2. $1 for the heated garage and $1 for the room. :lol:

Congratz btw. I WAS looking to move out with the g/f but now my job may be in jeopardy so probably save that till next year. It must feel good to be a home owner, best of luck with everything dude.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,873 Posts
Congrats Geno & J !! That was quick. I was pushing you to get the car along but hold off that and enjoy this one. Im buying you a case of beer !! (half for me but its for you but from me to you) Again congrats

1 - 20 of 57 Posts