Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many people are driving their supras without the clothe heat shield under the hood?? And if they have seen any problems with paint fading or things like that??

jeremy

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I know a couple people who ride without it and I use to ride without it, its really just there so that if the engine catches fire, its suppose to drop down and put it out, and plus removing the clothe thing under the hood made my hood struts hood the hood up again and not fall back down, so I am pretty sure its safe to remove, aight peace :chicken:

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
I think somewhere before, someone said the paint on the other side of the hood could change colours from the heat off the turbo(-heatshield)

But, I've never seen it happen before.

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
Word, I have mine off, and have had no ill effects. You can hear the engine a lot better (a good thing IMO) and you can hear the BOV a little better hehe.

·
Registered
538 Posts
ive also heard paint will start to crack on the other side anybody had this expierience themselves? or is it ok to take mine off ? cuz im sure it would look alot nicer

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
My corolla doesn't have this clothe and is pretty black and brown on the underneath but perfect on the other side.

I've had plans to spray paint a stencil on this clothe anyway... but let us know what happens.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
jurkey77 said:
so?? it still gets fuckin hot in the summer jesus all americans think we live in igloos or something.
WHAT?!?! Canadians don't live in igloos? Seriously you should drive to the southern US, it gets very hot.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
you guys do know that zero in canada is different than zero in the states right?

anyway, my old 87 corolla also had no hood liner, and the hood paint was the same as the paint on the rest of the body. I'd consider taking the liner of my supras hood, its not a turbo anyway.

Better Cooling!

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
yea man tx is like 100+ from june till late august...not fun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts