Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon from FL!

I’ll arrive in Clovis this summer. I’m not having luck finding groups on FB. Anyone able to lead me to an active one for Clovis? Seems mostly the immediate area offers old trucks, destroyed civics, and muscle cars. I’m bringing my V160 hardtop SE.

Thanks all,
Chris

Reactions: FasTTurbo

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Born and raised in ABQ here, you sir are going to be the coolest person in Clovis, BY FAR.
Was afraid of that. Seems everything is in ABQ.

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Cannon AFB, eh?

I run a New Mexico Supras group on Facebook, but it's not terribly active and that was made worse by COVID.

There's a decent scene in ABQ, a few Supras in Lubbock Tx and Amarillo, Tx as well. But all of those are 3-4hrs away.

Had a customer years ago that was from Clovis that had a stupid clean SR20 powered S14, always wondered what happened to that car. It's a small enough town that you'd see it or hear about it if it was still out there.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cannon AFB, eh?

I run a New Mexico Supras group on Facebook, but it's not terribly active and that was made worse by COVID.

There's a decent scene in ABQ, a few Supras in Lubbock Tx and Amarillo, Tx as well. But all of those are 3-4hrs away.

Had a customer years ago that was from Clovis that had a stupid clean SR20 powered S14, always wondered what happened to that car. It's a small enough town that you'd see it or hear about it if it was still out there.
Yeah man, Cannon AFB. 9+yrs @ Hurlburt and it was time to move.

Looks I’ll have to turn Lubbock & Amarillo into occasional weekend trips. We have a 3-car house under contract, so I’m looking forward to pumping out cars. Unfortunately I’ll have to trailer projects in from out of town more often than before, and sounds like planned trips to machine shops out of the area. I may bring out my slicktop S14 as well but we’ll see.

·
Smith & Wesson Member
656 Posts
Chris,

Your Hardtop is looking good!

Glad to see you're still on SF

Darren

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,

Your Hardtop is looking good!

Glad to see you're still on SF

Darren
Aloha!
Thanks for the compliment and it’s good to see you too, old friend!

·
Kappa Check 1 2
775 Posts
There's a few Supra folk out your way, a couple in Roswell and one guy I know of in Clovis with a gorgeous car.

But man...Clovis looks like no man's land every time I drive through there, not much better than Altus when I was stationed out there! lol

-Rich

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a few Supra folk out your way, a couple in Roswell and one guy I know of in Clovis with a gorgeous car.

But man...Clovis looks like no man's land every time I drive through there, not much better than Altus when I was stationed out there! lol

-Rich
Yes, lol. Every time I look at Google Maps... the area looks like a large FOB in Iraq. Looking forward to explore that side of America as we’ve covered the SouthEast.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Welcome to small town life, where everything is 3-4 hours away. Can be a good thing and a bad thing. For Supra ownership... it's often the latter, unfortunately.

Fortunately, northern Arizona is home to some of the most gorgeous scenery in this country, and western Colorado is a bit above average as well. ;)

Plus, you're within a short day's drive for Supras In Vegas!

Reactions: affixrider

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Welcome to small town life, where everything is 3-4 hours away. Can be a good thing and a bad thing. For Supra ownership... it's often the latter, unfortunately.

Fortunately, northern Arizona is home to some of the most gorgeous scenery in this country, and western Colorado is a bit above average as well. ;)

Brad, you need to spend more time further south :)
Clovis, NM is like 5 hours from the Arizona border and like 12 hours from Vegas. It's on the border of NM and Texas. Amarillo and Lubbock are about 2 hrs each NE and SE from there respectively. It's about 7-8 hours from Denver though depending on how you drive it.

A FOB in Iraq is not a bad comparison lol.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clovis, NM is like 5 hours from the Arizona border and like 12 hours from Vegas. It's on the border of NM and Texas. Amarillo and Lubbock are about 2 hrs each NE and SE from there respectively. It's about 7-8 hours from Denver though depending on how you drive it.

Correct on all.

Definitely looking forward to a break in tourist traffic. COVID made tourism year-round here since we technically never closed. But we’re excited to visit different mountains other than Shenandoah/Blue Ridge.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Brad, you need to spend more time further south :)

I didn't realize how "middle of nowhere" we were discussing here, that's rough. I mean, I'm about 5 hours from Yellowstone, so maybe I'm not as middle of nowhere as I thought.

Clovis sounds a bit like Yuma.

And I've spent plenty of time down south Jeff, I lived in the Phoenix area for 11 years. My folks live about two hours from the Gulf too. Life's different where snow isn't a thing...

Definitely looking forward to a break in tourist traffic. COVID made tourism year-round here since we technically never closed. But we’re excited to visit different mountains other than Shenandoah/Blue Ridge.
Wyoming was tourist heaven last year. It was a bit odd, if I'm honest. The Rockies are pretty though, I've lived in them most of my life and they continue to impress.

Make your way up to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park sometime. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts