Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before and I did a search on it as well. I found how to adjust the clutch pedal, but I need a little more instructions.
When adjusting the clutch engagement height...i.e. my clutch engages when the pedal is fully out.
I'm wanting it to engage closer to the floor.
Which way to I turn the rod to make it engage closer to the floor.
Counter clockwise or clockwise?
Thanks,

·
Registered
907 Posts
you would want to screw the rod into the box farther, making less rod viewable.

-Mike

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So turn its clockwise to screw in.
Thanks Mike :)

·
11,221 Posts
Ryan G said:
So turn its clockwise to screw in.
Thanks Mike :)
Yep. From what I remember when I did mine, if I turned the bolt away from the engine, it engages closer to the floor. If I turn it to the engine, it engages further up. It's trial and error.

If you really don't know. Just do the 2 extremes (all the way clockwise and all teh way counter-cc) and then compare it driving the car. Then you'll know exactly how to adjust it to make it feel comfy.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats the little white button infront of the clutch for? The clutch pedal isn't even touching that now??? Is that needed for something?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Neutral safety switch probably not sure though. Congrats on your purchase and don't worry about your fuse problem you will find it. That car has always been very reliable and strong. Take care and have fun.... BE CAREFUL!!!

Jason

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks J-dog :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ryan G said:
Whats the little white button infront of the clutch for? The clutch pedal isn't even touching that now??? Is that needed for something?

That would be a sensor for your Cruise Control. If it is not adjusted correctly your cruise control will not work. You just need to loosen the lock nut and adjust the white button to touch enough to be fully pushed in when the clutch pedal is released (pedal all the way out).

Basically, when you push in the clutch, the button pops out and the cruse control is disabled. So if it is not adjusted properly your cruise thinks you have pushed in the clutch when in reality you have not.

Simple to adjust. Takes all of 2 minutes. Hope this helps.

-pete

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Magic

·
Registered
382 Posts
when changing the clutch adjustment, are there any ill effect of it? like if you adjust it too much, could it cause some damage? also with adjusting it, do you have to turn it a lot to change it? or do you do it by half a turn? what I am trying to say is, how much does it adjust if I do it a little bit. Thanks.

·
Registered
907 Posts
the only harm that could possibly arise is your clutch may not fully engage/disengage. You should have to turn it a couple turns to get a good adjustment in. Just play with it until it feels right, it's very easy to do and takes no time so having to make a few adjustments is no big deal. :)

-Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts