Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i took off my transmission thinking the clutch burned out and all i had to do is just replace that!.... moments after i unscrew the last bolt that holds the transmission in place i found out that a Huge chunk of the flywheel was broken off. I was upset but thankfully i have another flywheel laying around. Few short seconds after that i took the pp off, and thats when something ive never seen struck my eyes... the pp was split in half. Ill post pics up as soon as i fix my SD card driver on my computor but i just wanted to ask if anyone experienced this before. The bellhousing suffered some damage as well. I dont know if its such a good idea to put it back on the engine. again ill have pics sometime tommorow hopefully.

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
holy fuck, what kind of power are you making, and who are you that drives harder than me to break a flywheel!?!? I broke many things, but never a flywheel... :1poke:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a friend with a mustang that did a huge burn out just before getting new tires and burned out his clutch in the process. When we pulled everything apart we found the pressure plate boken into 3 pieces! I almost shit a brick when i saw that.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blue_spra said:
did a huge burn out

The car is stock with no exhast, im in the process of getting a new one. single pc driveshaft and FPIK thats all i have for mods. This did happen when i was attempting to do a burn out, it was a nice day the car was behaving better than it ussually was i figured hey what tha heck whats the wrost thing that could happen, i need new tires anyway. Than this shit happened. Im very upset. The flywheel before hand was not resurfaced and was off an 89 N/A kind rusty it was when i put it on so maybe its seen better days. But the PP is brand new!(From AutoZone however so im not that surprised. 17$ for clutch and 35 i think for PP... plus the core charges.) Im not worried about the flywheel what i am worried about is that my bellhousing is cracked :( the damage doesent look to be too bad and it seems like i can use it w/o worries its just that this happened now right when the good weather hit. :(

Ill get pics up tommorow morning.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
is that a w58??

·
0 to gas station in 5 sec
1,012 Posts
Isn't the other flywheel already hosed? I thought the pins are sheered off it?

We need to get you a r154 setup.

Anyhow, good luck with the repairs, i'll be in the area this weekend. Actually, I'm gonna be at the newington junkyard today.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah this is a W58... and yes the pins on the other one are messed up but maybe i shop will put them back somehow.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here are the pics...

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
wow

ther eis a reason it cracked

evidence is on the pressure plate...discoloration = HIGH HEAT!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts