Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like the title says, I'm in need of a new clutch!
I can't take driving the HKS Triple Disk anymore. So, I was looking on MVP.com and saw the ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit for 1993-98 Supra TT

"This clutch is rated at 753 foot-pounds of torque. This kit includes the ACT heavy duty pressure plate so expect firmer pedal pressure. The kit includes the 6 puck disc, pressure plate, & throwout bearing. "

What are you opinions on this clutch right here? Do you think it would be better just to go with HPF's ACT PP w/ the Bronze Disc?

The only reason I posted the one above is it seems to be a little cheaper!

Let me know if you have any experience on this clutch or you have an idea of which I should go with.

The car has Sp67, full fuel..ect..ect. Did 462whp @ 15psi and almost 700whp at 25psi!

Thanks guys!

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
I went with the HPF Bronze (unsrung) with the RPS PP and love it. :) It holds 800whp (I'm not making anywhere near that right now), but it's driveable in traffic and I've run several autoX event w/o any problems. I'd recommend it to anyone.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks!
How much was your setup?

I'm wanting something very streetable/slippable but it also need to hold the power!

How is the engagement with the broze disc? How much engagement room is there? The HKS Triple has like a 1mm engagement :rolleyes:

Thanks again,

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
Ryan G said:
Cool, thanks!
How much was your setup?

I'm wanting something very streetable/slippable but it also need to hold the power!

How is the engagement with the broze disc? How much engagement room is there? The HKS Triple has like a 1mm engagement :rolleyes:

Thanks again,
The clutch/PP kit was pretty much what you see here: HPF/RPS

Add in labor (wasn't doing this one myself) and ~$500 for a new OEM flywheel (mine was too used up to be resurfaced).

The engagement is nearly the same as stock - just a tad shorter. It took some getting used to at first bcz it is very grabby, but now when I drive around town I don't even think about the fact that it's an after-market clutch. HPF used to have a page that showed the streetability factor (from stock to an "on/off switch"). Sounds like your HKS is an on/off switch. The HPF Bronze is nothing like that.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I know its not the clutch you asked about, but I love my Blitz twin disc, pedal pressure is lighter than my friend's stock clutch, and its very slippable. It is kinda noisy though.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
i went with trd twin.....love it...

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exedy Twin Disc it is! I'll let you guys know how it is! I've read nothing but good reviews about it. It should be in here in about 1 week!

Thanks again guys for the help and advice!

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
nicey nice.....trd is the same as the exedy twin.....believe me u will love it...i slip the shyt out of it at the track....n it holds very welll.....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
WOTM AZ clutch no problems so far, daily driveable, I love it :) Me and a turbo IS300 friend both run the same clutch. Grips hard as hell and never have any problems with it. Plus, Ryan will talk to you about suggestions and questions any time.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Go with a HPF/RPS setup... I also heard this is similar to the WOTM AZ clutch. You shouldn't have any problems. I've been running the HPF clutch w/ a t67 for a year now and there are no signs of slipping at all, even after running higher boost levels.

As for the drivability, the RPS PP isn't that stiff (I wouldn't want to go with the ACT) and engagement is fairly smooth. It's pretty much like stock once you get used to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts