Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, My clutch is messed up. THe pedtal has slight play and it doesnt enguage until almsot entirly released. The car slips period, it barely stays in gear when i try to drive away i've never had this happen before, is it just shot or is something messed up down inside? Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Mods of the car are pretty straight forward, intake and exhaust, with hard pipes. 1990 turbo 5 speed.

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i figured that, but the guy i bought the car from said it the car was rebuilt 4K miles ago, along with the clutch being replaced(and was broken in already). Among many other issues I've found so far I'm going to pull the engine and trans to replace the clutch and tear apart the block, just to make sure he DID infact rebuild the engine, as i'm seriosuly having my doubts. Is it okay to remove, and retorque a MHG(if it IS a mhg) after I've had a look around?

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol thats always ask for recipets, and if they dont have it then you should have doubts. you can retorque a mhg but i dont think it is good to take it off then put it back on. check the compression before you pull it, if he rebuilt it good he should have replaced the rings, and if he didnt then he didnt then the compression will be lower, and if he didnt replace the HG then i doubt he did the clutch.. When you bought the car did the guy sound like he knew what he was talking about?

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he did, infact he had 15 mk3's across the street, and 2 tore apart next to this black 1 i bought. The hg WAS replaced, he said it was metal, but
i can't be sure of that. Among alot of the other stuff. I will do a compression test next weekend i guess, for now i'll just strip the interior and color change it like i was planning, but i was planning on doing it then driving around when i finished :( lol

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havn't checked since it happened, fluids were full and toped off before i left though.

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright, I'll be sure to check that asap. Hopfully it's as easy as that, but i doubt it. At any rate this lets me pul the engine and trans and install some goodies :p along with an upgraded clutch! Just wish i still didn't owe on the car before shit hit the fan :(

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
yeah, does the clutch feel spongy? if it does you could have air in the clutch lines, try bleeding the clutch and topping of the clutch fluid, and see if it helps any,

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not spongy at all, but the feeling did change, its like it hits kinks as you press it, its just as firm as when i got it,but, theres resistance at parts when i press it down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts