Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think when i was replacing my clutch my friend fucking put the clutch disk on the wrong side....my clutch works fine and runs good...it's just it sounds fucked up when i stick the clutch in...

·
Registered
409 Posts
so are you going to drop the tranny again and fix it, or just leave it? it could be that you just didn't align it properly and it's chattering away.

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
If the clutch disk was installed reverse it would not even engage. The springs/hub would interfere with the flywheel bolts. And you can't align it wrong. It either goes in or it doesn't. Maybe your TO bearing is making the noise. Or bolts may be loose.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, then the clutch disk is in ok. Maybe it's just that i'm using a used clutch kit...My flywheel is resurfaced....new pilot bearing though. it's aligned properly...used an alignment tool.

·
Registered
409 Posts
used clutch kit? like you bought the disc from someone already used? are the bearings used too? or is it just the pressure plate? i haven't even heard of a used clutch kit before... sounds REALLY shady to me...

·
Registered
321 Posts
7M-Boost said:
used clutch kit? like you bought the disc from someone already used? are the bearings used too? or is it just the pressure plate? i haven't even heard of a used clutch kit before... sounds REALLY shady to me...
Ill second that...You learned it the hard way...Do It Once Do It Right!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the clutch disk had plenty of life on it and the pressure plate with the throwout bearing. I bought a brand new pilot bearing and got the flywheel resurfaced.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine makes a ticking sound sometimes when I have the clutch pedal pressed in :dunno: what this means, I am assuming I will be replacing it soon lol :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dont think you could put clutch in backwards. It will only go so far that way. Plus you dont use alignment to because clutch goes on tranny then bolts up to car. :dumbass: My spec stage 3 clutch kit was installed last weekend. I resurfaced flywheel. I cant drive it for shit. :dunno: Only had it on for a few days. I can feel it kick harder in ever gear. :biggrin: It chatters sometimes, i think cuz am riding on it too much when i try to start off really slow. But when it engages it just goes. Its fucking awesome.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dont think you could put clutch in backwards. It will only go so far that way. Plus you dont use alignment to because clutch goes on tranny then bolts up to car. :dumbass: My spec stage 3 clutch kit was installed last weekend. I resurfaced flywheel. I cant drive it for shit. :dunno: Only had it on for a few days. I can feel it kick harder in ever gear. :biggrin: It chatters sometimes, i think cuz am riding on it too much when i try to start off really slow. But when it engages it just goes. Its fucking awesome. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Silverkill said:
you dont use alignment to because clutch goes on tranny then bolts up to car. :dumbass::
Do you really think that the clutch bolts up to the tranny? Good luck on that one budd :bigthumb: The clutch bolts up to the engine...Then the tranny bolts up to the engine. You align it on the motor so the transmission slides into the clutch assembly.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Chris89 said:
Do you really think that the clutch bolts up to the tranny? Good luck on that one budd :bigthumb: The clutch bolts up to the engine...Then the tranny bolts up to the engine. You align it on the motor so the transmission slides into the clutch assembly.
I think what he was saying is the easy way IMHO. You set the PP and Clutch disc on the input shaft of the tranny, then stab the tranny. After it is stabbed and bolted, you can bolt the PP to the flywheel through the inspection covers while turning the crank to get to each bolt. Either way works, but this way you won't need to use the alignment tool and hope the disk doesn't shift while trying to stab it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The r-154 has the inspection covers. I've got an na, the w-58 cannot be done that way.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
ok, clutch makes no noise anymore...But my car is still screwed straight up the A*...I don't know how to fix it. My car used to run perfect...until i did the clutch...now it's screwed! Oh and also what the hell is the TO bearing? I've heard of the pilot bearing and i replaced that...with a brand new one.

·
Registered
461 Posts
drjonez said:
if it makes noise when you push the clutch in, that's your TO bearing plain and simple. ALWAYS replace it when you're in there....
what if it makes noise and stops when the clutch is pressed in.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts