Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new master and slave cylinder showing up today... what is going to be the best fluid for this new hardware?

·
Registered
596 Posts
yup, thats what i used.. just to let you know it takes a while to fully bleed out all the air after you replace those

·
Knockin the rod in slopra
811 Posts
i need to bleed mine and its raining today :cries:

·
Registered
375 Posts
ugh dot 3 is "clutch fluid" if you pay more for "clutch fluid" u got ripped off use dot 3 just like hthe cap says.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Willing to bet money theres going to be no difference between regular DOT3 and any other fluid, regardless of price. Clutch fluid doesnt get even close to what the brake fluid goes through, by a longshot.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I filled it up with DOT3! It feels just like before, but now the fluid isn't gooey, empty, and leaking out...

I honestly have no idea how it was working before!

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
That's definitely a job... Took me like 30 minutes to do, and you wouldn't think the underside of the dash would be so GREASY!

:lol:

Don't forget about adjusting the length of the rod to the master... at least mine was adjustable.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MK3Brent said:
That's definitely a job... Took me like 30 minutes to do, and you wouldn't think the underside of the dash would be so GREASY!

:lol:

Don't forget about adjusting the length of the rod to the master... at least mine was adjustable.

Took me a little longer, I am going to run 0 gauge in a few weeks so I got a special grommet and put it in... had to make a huge frickin hole.

I adjusted mine to the same as it was before... i think i may wanna change it though, we'll see *shrug*

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
Well what was weird with mine... was I adjusted the pedal height via the extending rod to the master... then a few weeks later I needed to be extended a little more.

Just a PITA.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
DOT3, bleeding is a bitch!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts