Supra Forums banner

521 - 540 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm about to order a clutch but honestly I'm worried about spending $2500 on something that could soon turn into a paper weight.

Suggestions for a twin disc for 700rwtq, mostly street and highway fun with rare track use?
My HKS triple became paper weight. It made me drive my car less and less because of the shitty rattling noise and worse because of the on and off engagement. More and more threats I've been seeing the same name mentioned, the southbend endurance with Kevlar disc. $700ish through MVP and about $300 for the stock dual mass flywheel from online parts stores totals the amount I was quoted just for the flywheel alone from Toyota may just be worth a try.

·
Swole
362 Posts
I really wish some manufacturer could just figure this out at get it right, I mean we can go to mars but cant seem to build a clutch worth a damn? = twin disk light weight flywheel, a little slip with no no chatter? come on some body build one engineered right already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Clutch Masters single disc 6 puck. Rated up to 800 horsepower and is only 15% pedal pressure over stock. I like it a lot. You have to change flywheel to Clutch Masters too though. It'll say that you can use the OEM flywheel but you can't. I tried but it didn't fit. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the RPS Twin. Daily driven car. Holds 900whp without problems. Easy engagement and light pedal feel. You can slip the clutch as well.
Traffic jams are no threat.
CHATTER: holy shit does it chatter at stock idle. Solution: raise idle to 1100 RPM. No more clutch noise and embarrassment.

Happy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Southbend for the price has just blown me away, I can't suggest anything else.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Just bought the South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Endurance and the New dual mass Toyota Flywheel.

Hoping it will be better than my Spec dual disk clutch only lasted about 5 months. Car makes 820 to the wheels but I drive it at around 500 to 675 RWHP. depending on settings and E85 gas available. Plus I hated the chatter of the Spec.

clutch going in this week and will update this thread.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Just bought the South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Endurance and the New dual mass Toyota Flywheel.

Hoping it will be better than my Spec dual disk clutch only lasted about 5 months. Car makes 820 to the wheels but I drive it at around 500 to 675 RWHP. depending on settings and E85 gas available. Plus I hated the chatter of the Spec.

clutch going in this week and will update this thread.
please keep this updated regarding feel and drivability. what's your TQ level?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
^^^^ TQ level 640

I spoke to South Bend and they said that there rating of TQ is 660 but that's a safe number for them to publish. They said that it can hold much more than that but the 660 protects them. Haven't installed it yet maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
^^^^ TQ level 640

I spoke to South Bend and they said that there rating of TQ is 660 but that's a safe number for them to publish. They said that it can hold much more than that but the 660 protects them. Haven't installed it yet maybe this weekend.
I have pushed the SB Stage 3 endurance up to 800wtq and did not slip. It held multiple pulls but did not like dig launches. Small fragments came off the disc so it is a very good clucth and is underrated but is no good for digs or drag racing.

Ryan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am running 770 rwhp at 725 lb/ft. The build is now 2 years completed with 3,000 miles on the drivetrain. Using the RPS 2 disk carbon. It has held well with some time trial starts (9.8 sec @ 143 mph). It does rattle at idle but I will try the higher idle speed, 1100 rpm to see if that solves the noise thing.
I can recommend this clutch from my experience.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I finally got the South Bend Clutch installed couldn't be any happier. No more chatter and very easy to drive in traffic.....finally happy after several different Clutches. Highly recommending this setup.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Bought a brand new Toyota FlyWheel.

South Bend said that they would resurface the old flywheel at no charge. Great company to do business with. Still very Pleased with this setup.

·
Swole
362 Posts
the new RPS forge carbon twin disk claims to have springs that stop the chatter anyone tried one yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So, after reading this entire thread twice. I decided on the OS Giken TR2CD Twin Plate with the alteration kit. Now until I get it installed, I am obsessed with gathering information on it. If you have any links with more in depth reviews, driving impressions or installation instructions/tips, please post them below. I am having a good shop install it but I don't know if the person who will do the job ever has installed a twin. I want to get it right the first time so I got a new master, cable, pilot bearing, master cylinder, OSG installation tool, ARP shortened FW bolts and Red Loctite for the bolts. Is there anything else I can replace to make this setup perfect the first time around? The Clutchmasters FX400 and Action 6 Puck before it both required insanely high RPM's to get moving on a hill. I figured it may be a different part causing this as it happened with both clutch setups. That's why I want everything logical to be new.
Thank You!

521 - 540 of 563 Posts
About this Discussion
562 Replies
264 Participants
Halon
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing