Supra Forums banner

561 - 563 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
based on the success of my last SB i bought a stage 4 drag for my new setup {880 whp, 750tq}. This clutch has been great on the street but has really let me down at the strip on drag radials. At this point i'm leaning towards the new McLeod for the v160. reason being they have a good reputation with the vette crowd {high torque}.

·
Registered
32 Posts
based on the success of my last SB i bought a stage 4 drag for my new setup {880 whp, 750tq}. This clutch has been great on the street but has really let me down at the strip on drag radials. At this point i'm leaning towards the new McLeod for the v160. reason being they have a good reputation with the vette crowd {high torque}.
Isn't the stage 4 still a single disc? With that kind of torque I would think you'd need at least a twin. To have 0 slip at the track you'd probably want a triple.

I'm making much less torque than you and I can tell my RPS ceramic single is slipping a bit at the track.

Even the Vette guys with the T56-Magnum move onto twin discs around the 600tq mark. Although I think their clutches have a greater surface area diameter(don't quote me on that).

·
Registered
532 Posts
The new McLeods seem like a real nice option I think.

But also the Comp MPC twin discs are extremely nice and drivable as well. You can see several similarities when comparing it to the McLeod's (heavy street oriented flywheels, first disc strapped to flywheel, large almost 10" diameter, etc). I absolutely love my MPC stage 3 (850 wheel torque rating). Can do the whole Real St. foot out the window test to take off from a stop, even did it on an incline no problem. Pedal firmness is damn near stock, and the street manners are damn near stock. For the money it's one helluva value coming in a bit less than the McLeod, and they also include flywheel bolts (also saves money by not having to purchase ARP's which McLeod kit requires). They also make a Stage 2 (750 wheel tq) and a Stage 4 (950 wheel tq). I'm so happy with my MPC, coming from my old 8.5" quarter master setup. I actually enjoy driving my car again!

561 - 563 of 563 Posts
About this Discussion
562 Replies
264 Participants
Halon
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing