Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for me to purchase a stronger clutch to finish my NA-T conversion.

Anybody want to point me in the right direction?

Spec? ACT? Exedy?

Which would you recommend and why?

· Time for change
14,584 Posts
I still want to know if there any hard parts to buy to build up the W58.

Just because I want to. The Tranny is really light, easy to get, clutches are cheap, and I only want to run 450-500 whp. So I want to get some hardparts and cryo the tranny and see how it lasts.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
The w58 can stand 450 to 480...and degree go to the for sale sections somebody has two very mint clutches...one is a 6 puck with brand new pressure plate and a regular one both ACT though..he's selling them for 60 bucks for both just to get them outta his garage

· Banned
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The w58 can stand 450 to 480...and degree go to the for sale sections somebody has two very mint clutches...one is a 6 puck with brand new pressure plate and a regular one both ACT though..he's selling them for 60 bucks for both just to get them outta his garage
Link?

· Registered
592 Posts
Dont know if you have found a clutch yet but look into competition clutches. I have there stage 5 with a 4 puck sprung and love it!! the peddle feel is not bad at all and it engages pretty smooth surprisingly.
It is rated for 600 ft lb's or torque and trust me they mean it. I unfortunately broke my 1st w58 the other day but it was because of 26psi and about an hour or beating the shit out of it!!! :) broke the trans but the clutch did not slip once :)

· Banned
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dont know if you have found a clutch yet but look into competition clutches. I have there stage 5 with a 4 puck sprung and love it!! the peddle feel is not bad at all and it engages pretty smooth surprisingly.
It is rated for 600 ft lb's or torque and trust me they mean it. I unfortunately broke my 1st w58 the other day but it was because of 26psi and about an hour or beating the shit out of it!!! :) broke the trans but the clutch did not slip once :)
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543539

I actually went with the F1 Racing ebay clutch and it is holding up really well. No problems.

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
how much power are you going for the w58 is only good to between 300 and 400hp depending on how you drive the car. if you have a 4 puck(which is hard as fuck on the drive train) and your only making 25hp you have the wrong clutch...

· Registered
592 Posts
how much power are you going for the w58 is only good to between 300 and 400hp depending on how you drive the car. if you have a 4 puck(which is hard as fuck on the drive train) and your only making 25hp you have the wrong clutch...
Well i know people making far more power than that on the w58 myself included :)
You are very right with saying "how you drive the car" My 4 puck has far less chatter than the 6 puck i had before, come to think of it, it barley chatters at all and that is what is so harsh on a drive train.
Back to the ? "how much power am i going for" well, my setup will make far more power than a w58 can ever think of handling but i picked up 4 w58 trannys for $500 and three of them have 0 miles on them... thats right 0, never have even had fluid in them :) Untill i go through them all then i will worry about either a r-154 or a v160.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.