Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in the shop now because the Clutch fork broke (don't ask, I don't know how). I was only going 40 not even boostin and shifting from 3rd to 4th. Anyways, the dealer is telling me that it was because of the aftermarket TRD Clutch kit. Has anyone experienced this with the TRD Pressure plate and clutch? Should I put it back on? The clutch is even still in good condition. The flywheel needs light reserfacing (no major burn marks).

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Which dealership in Maryland? It sounds like a defect... TRD clutches are usally backed by the dealers. They are the only aftermarket clutch that will not void warranties. I would put the clutch back in, that just sounds like a freak occurance.

Matt

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's Beltway Toyota in Maryland. They don't even want to put the TRD clutch back in. I don't like the service I am getting there at all. The mechanic doesn't want to deal with aftermarket parts. If they hadn't already torn down the tranny I would take it some were else.

I think it was a fluke too but just want to be sure that it isn't a known problem.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i didn't break my clutch fork but i did break the support that holds the fork in place(called release fork support i think). a pretty thick peace of metal too. i just step on the clutch to start the car and it just breaks??? i have an alum. fw and rps stage 3 clutch. atleast i know how to replace my clutch from now on:) .

·
Registered
34 Posts
same issue but with TRD clutch

tt4playn said:
i didn't break my clutch fork but i did break the support that holds the fork in place(called release fork support i think). a pretty thick peace of metal too. i just step on the clutch to start the car and it just breaks??? i have an alum. fw and rps stage 3 clutch. atleast i know how to replace my clutch from now on:) .
had the same prob, the release fork support broke (not in half, but torn)... I ended up replacing the master and slave cylinder when I didn't need to.. agg.. oh well

you could still do the repair yourself if it's just the fork or support....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tt4playn said:
Funny, exactly the same thing happened to me. I went to start the car, heard a loud sound, and couldn't get the transmission in gear. I immediately shut the car off and had it towed home to work on it.

The support holding the clutch fork broke. The clutch fork was then free to move around in the bellhousing. I needed to remove the transmission to replace the support. I also needed to rebuild my slave cylinder, because the fork pulled the piston out when it made it's trip around the bellhousing. Fortunately, my RPS turbo clutch was OK.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o.k. I guess this is pretty common with an upgraded pressure plate. I also had a bolt break off on the tranny (that's why he had to drop it) and the release fork broke too.

Those service reps are jerks but the mechanic was cool. He will put the TRD pressure plate back on with a new stock disk. Warned me that it might happen again.

I need to learn how to do this stuff myself. would save alot of money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts