Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey u know when u start a 5speed (or 6 speed) u have to push in the clutch right? well once in a while when i start my car (93.5 supra) i push in the clutch and the car just goes "click" , after i push the clutch in and out a few times it normally starts. its just a pain and id like to know what it is??? a friend told me it might be my clutch cable is loose but i have no idea.

Any info from knowledge or personal experience would help a lot. thanks guys, nick

S

·
0 Posts
There's a switch behind the clutch pedal that disables the starting circuit when the clutch is out. Maybe it's bad.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
I guarantee it isn't the clutch cable because Supras have hydraulic clutches. Get your starter checked, the armature may have a dead spot.

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any idea the price on either of these fixes???

thanks peace

·
Registered
624 Posts
It may be the switch behind the clutch pedal but, I doubt it. Mine did the same thing, click click click then start. Random amount of clicks then start. Turned out to be the starter which my Toyota guy says starts to get dead spots in the armature at about the 90K mile mark. Buy a new starter, not a rebuild.

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much $ for new starter?

and any idea on install? thanks a lot man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts