Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to a local shop that has always done me right with my last car.
told him i have a clutch and i dont have time to install it. he quoted me $200 for the job and it would take 1-2 days depending on how much other crap he has to do.
he checked the price in some book and he said $200 and i was all thats it? honestly thought it would be more.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i got quoted $400 from my local shop for clutch, rear main, rear seal retainer seal, center bearing, and release bearing, (plus flywheel resurfacing) provided that i brought all the parts needed (told them i would), so i'd say that's a pretty good deal. they said that they could do it in one day though as long as i scheduled it in advance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My shop quoted me $500 labor to install new clutch, pressure plate, and replace the master and slave cylinder.

But I offered to build him a basic web site, he agreed, and the labor was only $250.

·
Registered
582 Posts
thats a really good deal. now is that just for labor or for parts and labor?

charlie

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes $200 for labor.

i have the spec stage 3 with the pp, 6 puck, TO bearing and some other bearing that came with the kit, and the tool.
what is the rear seal retainer seal?

i think i have the rear main seal but if anyone could show me a pic of what it looks like then i woudl know for sure.

also that price is without resurfacing so that would be like another $30.
is there anything else i should tell him to make sure to do or replace when doing this?

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
I got mine done for 300 including parts, a new flywheel, and all the bells and whistles.... and those are friend prices.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is the rear seal retainer seal?

i think i have the rear main seal but if anyone could show me a pic of what it looks like then i woudl know for sure.
is there anything else i should tell him to make sure to do or replace when doing this?

S

·
0 Posts
hoser813 said:
I got mine done for 300 including parts, a new flywheel, and all the bells and whistles.... and those are friend prices.

Unless your friend Makes his own flywheels. You did not get a clutch kit, flywheel, and labor for 300. Unlesss you got all that stuff stolen for you and your friend charged you the 300 for stealing it. The cheapest clucth kit is like 150 and the flywheel is at least 250, all the seals at leat 25 and those are player pimpin G prices. HAHAHAHA J/K. Hmmm i smell some bullshit, man it stinks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts