Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna use the W58 on my 2jzgte, but it'll be under 14psi on stock twins and later on 12psi on a single T67 or something so. Wont be anymore than that until i get a complete 6speed swap later down the road but i need to get the car driving properly instead of a stock clutch.

So i want to get something thats probably good for 350-450HP to be on the safe side.

Anyone know what kit there is out there that supports this kinda power for the W58? I want to order as soon as possible. Part numbers would be good, since the person i gotta let bring it down to here needs it.

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was recommended to get the ACT pressure plate with the horsepower freaks clutch. It supposedly can hold much more power than what you have mentioned and I would highly recommend it. It also shifts very smoothly unlike some of the other setups available.

·
beautiful machines
126 Posts
your probobly gona break the trans its very weak... i went through 2 in the last year and im only making a around 400whp... first one it ripped all the teeth off of second gear, the second one it ripped all the teeth off the imput shaft gear.. the car is sitting waiting for a six speed.. the w58 is a pos...

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^im using the cast iron from the twin turbo 1G, i just bought the N/A 2jz's w58 for the bellhousing and extension shifter part. I can always use the gearbox itself later in case i do damage the 1g's box. There supposedly is a difference with it, bcuz a friend of mines has one and its taking a rough 465rwhp everyday and his driving is pretty crazy. But then again, those were from the 2.0L twin turbo motors which never got any heavy torque, so the trans just maybe will last a little more longer.

But i only need it until ending of the year, thats when i'll have everything for a 6speed swap

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I ran the W58 for about 6 months at 270rwtq, 320whp. I had the HPF bronze disk with the ACT heavy duty PP. That clutch was probably a little harsh for a street car that never saw a drag strip. I think most people here run the RPS PP with the stock disk. That will be much easier on the tranny but don't know if it'll hold much more than 400tq.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JDM 2jzgte, i think it'll only be seeing about 350hp/tq at 14psi on stock twins. Should'nt be so much, basically its almost stock motor, just with 14psi

·
Registered
131 Posts
Kurt,

I have that same setup now and it really doesn't seem harsh to me at all. I donno why that would be. I probably have the exact same power numbers as you as well.

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
you should be good for around 10,000 miles boosting hard on the tranny depending on its milage, but sooner or later it will let go :) just like 2 of mine did, my second time when it stripped the input shaft i was only running 11psi in 2nd gear on a Boostlogic t61 kit :)

but good luck with it , hope it lasts you untill the 6 speed swap is in order.

my suggestion is always keep a lookout for a v160, even if you cant afford one now, b/c i missed a couple of hella-good deals on a 6speed swap while i was on the w58.

good luck man.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, that true, the good deals come when u dont want it and when u want that deal its hard to find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts