Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hows it going guys first of all i was driving my car and my clutch pedal started sticking i looked at the floor and there was clutch fluid every where so i guess it would be time to change that out what my question is how hard is it to put a new one on? i heard that rebuilds dont work or go out after X amount of miles, so if u could give me feed back on intalation that would be great..

Thanx
chris :D

J

·
0 Posts
Only is hard if you have a big hands or don´t have a good tools....
I have rebuilded mine two years ago and no leak and work perfect.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Its easy, but make sure its leaking from the clutch MASTER cylinder. You'd need a long extension, a universal joint, and 12mm socket along with a rachet. For the out side you'll need some fixed pliers, and a ten side wrench. When everything is slapped back togather u'll need a second person to help you bleed the lines. ETA 1HR.

Kruso

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Thermactor said:
AKA crescent wrench, mostly used for brake lines. Isn't it a 10mm?
Sry, i meant to say "size" instead of side, yes its a 10mm.

Kruso

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kruso said:
Its easy, but make sure its leaking from the clutch MASTER cylinder. You'd need a long extension, a universal joint, and 12mm socket along with a rachet. For the out side you'll need some fixed pliers, and a ten side wrench. When everything is slapped back togather u'll need a second person to help you bleed the lines. ETA 1HR.

Kruso
what do u mean make shure its leaking from the clutch master if it isent what else would it be its leaking inside my car and smells like ass looks like i hafto get new carpet too wonderful..

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
thats what my master cyl. did, then i made the mistake of getting napa rebuild. about 3 monthes later the cyl. crapped out again, SO i bought a new beck&arnley and i haven't have problems with it yet. Make sure that when ur messing with the fluid not to get any on the car. i've heard that its been known to take off paint. be careful. just follow the tsrm and you'll be golden. :)

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
If the clutch pedal is sticking, it's definitely the master cylinder. Especially if the pedal and/or floor is covered in fluid.

Don't bother with rebuilds. They're crap, and a new one from Toyota isn't that expensive. Considering what a royal PITA it is to change the little bastard, you really want to do it right the first time.

Have fun with the fuse box side bolt. Whoever designed that thing should die. :uzi:

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
supra88turboIII said:
what do u mean make shure its leaking from the clutch master if it isent what else would it be its leaking inside my car and smells like ass looks like i hafto get new carpet too wonderful..
I've had one of mine leak from the clutch slave cylinder.

Simba said:
Have fun with the fuse box side bolt. Whoever designed that thing should die. :uzi:
The following tools listed above makes the whole job a thousand times easier, expecially a universal joint and a long extension.

Kruso

1 - 10 of 10 Posts