Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of weeks I have noticed that my gearshift is getting heavier, especially 1st gear and reverse.

Last week after a bit of heavy driving, I was unable to get the car into (any) gear from a standstill. I had to stop the car, put it into gear and then start it. With the clutch fully depressed the car still moved forward. After I started rolling I could shift normally again.

This afternoon when I picked my car up from the Toyota dealer (no, they did not work on the tranny or clutch!) this happened again and the gear popped back into neutral when I started the car when it was in 1st gear with the clutch fully depressed. Now almost everything time I stop the car I can't get it into gear with the engine running. Once I am underway the gear/clutch functions normally (although shifting is very heavy).

Does someone know what I should look for, is it the clutch , is the tranny, could it be the short shifter.

BTW I have a 6-speed with B&M short shifter, Unorthodox lightened flywheel and RPS Stage 3 6-puck carbon sprung clutch. The clutch does not slip or smells.

Flavio

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
sgf

sounds like the clutch, but im no expert..by the way if you need a tranny i know someone who is selling a 6 speed

·
Registered
22 Posts
My truck did something like that that when the slave cylinder went. dont know much about the tranny's on the 6 spd's Could be it

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would appreciate comments on the following pictures of my clutch which was taken apart today. It has gotten pretty hot by the looks of it (although it wasn't slipping and I did not smell it).

Worse one of the springs in the clutch has broken and has damaged the inside of the lightened flywheel pretty bad. I would like to know what the cause could be of the broken spring before I choose my new clutch.

Has anyone gone from a RPS Stage 3 clutch with lightened flywheel to the Arizona / WOTM clutch? Is driveability with the WOTM clutch better or worse than with the RPS Stage 3 clutch? I don't care about chatter but I do drive regularly in slow moving traffic so clutch engagement should be somewhat civilized.

Flavio

Flywheel

Clutch with broken spring

Same

Pressure plate and clutch

P.S. Sorry about the shitty picture quality!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I run that same basic setup in mine but a side from the box-o-rocks sound in the tranny no problems like yours. Call RPS, I'm sure they'd do something about one of their spring popping out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts