Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sorta frustrated with my clutch pedal. It had a long throw and catches at the very top. So, I loosened the nut and adjusted the threaded rod. Now, the pedal throw is much much shorter, which I like. But, it's still grabbing at the very top of the throw. How can I change that?

Additionally, I found that I'm missing 3rd gear shifts. I only tried twice with the new clutch pedal adjustment, but I haven't missed a gear in years. Coincidence?

This is a 6spd mkiv with about 800whp and an HPF Feramic clutch with a hydraulic throwout bearing and the Tilton clutch master cylinder. I think the actual clutch is fine because it pulls hard at full boost in 4th gear, so no slipping yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
9 years later, have you figured this out? I'm having trouble with this myself and I already replaced the clutch. Just need ideas before I start getting a new slave and master...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just loosen the nut and turn the adjustment rod like 2 full turns in one direction. Does it get better or worse? If it gets better and you want more, keep turning in the same direction until its perfect. If it gets worse, turn it in the other and do the same thing. You'll be shocked at just how much adjustment there is for every turn.

Just keep turning and testing until you feel like its perfect. Then lock the nut back before your done...

Its really just that simple

Reactions: 2jzgte77

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
if you are missing in any gear or specific gear, you may want to bleed the CLUTCH system, to have the slave fully engage
and adjust the pedal height, by doing what Stroker wrote above!

·
Game Over
1,235 Posts
OP,

I suggest watching this video on proper clutch adjustment to get the most travel out of your slave cylinder to make sure you don't have clutch drag.

If you do not, it will progressively kill your synchros, hub sleeve, and gears altogether very quickly and it will be a very long process of finding discontinued V160 parts, and finding the right guy to rebuild it.

The transmission will also be hard to shift.

My 2 cents as someone who has worn out his V160's 3rd gear for not adjusting it correctly before I encountered this video. Was a night and day difference for me, but unfortunately the damage was already done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts