Supra Forums banner

clutch pedal feel changed suddenly

431 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MixMasterP2k3 
#1 · (Edited)
I drove my car out of the driveway and parked it on the street this morning, and it felt like the clutch ingagement point was a little lower than normal.. but i was too tired to really care/notice. So i come home from school (i get a ride from someone else, i don't feel like taking the chance of my car getting broken into.), and i get in my car to go to the store, and the clutch feels totally different different. The clutch used to engage really high, but it changed to engaging around the middle of the pedal throw. so i drove it around for a while, and after about 20 mins of driving it feels almost totally normal. I'm thinking... clutch slave cylinder? leaking maybe.. or maybe needs to be bled... idk, any help would be appreciated. thanks

#2 ·
This really sounds like air in the clutch hydrolic system so you'll need to get a friend to help you bleed the system.

PS. Make sure you do not get any brake (dot 3) fluid on your paint. It is highly corrosive and will eat away at your paint in a matter of minutes.

#3 ·
actually, with help from people on supramania.com, i found a black area where my pedal hits the floor, so i'm guessing it's a leaky master cylinder.. but i'm gonna go check it out right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.