Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to come to a stop, mashed the clutch pedal, and it immediately went limp and fell to the floor and stuck there, but the clutch didn't actuate, so I was able to putter the car home in first gear (while not being able to stop!). Got the car home, checked the fluid, it is about an inch low, but even so, still should have plenty. I could not find any leakge, the clutch pedal assembly itself seems fine. I pulled the clutch pedal up by hand, and pressed it back down, after a couple times of doing this, the clutch now wont go back down.

What is this? Clutch cylinder? Linkage? ...?

Mike T

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had similar symptoms in my MKII..... I came to a stop at a light and my clutch pedal just stayed stuck to the floor. I looked at the clutch master cylinder fluid levels and the thing was completely dry. When I put my car up on jackstands I found out that I had a leaky slave cylinder.... If I were you I'd check that first... :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is though, the clutch was completely fine right up to that point it died. If air was in the system, I would assume it would have been more progressive.

Mike T

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
82MKIISupra-L said:
I looked at the clutch master cylinder fluid levels and the thing was completely dry. When I put my car up on jackstands I found out that I had a leaky slave cylinder.... If I were you I'd check that first... :D
The fluid level on mine seems fine though. when it's light outside tommorow I'll check it out.

Mike T

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DAMNIT!!!

It turns out the failure was not related to the hydraulics, after pulling the transmission, it turns out the retaining collar's snap ring groove broke off, which caused the sudden failure, and killed the RPS Pressure Plate/ Toyota Clutch at the same time (It only had 6000 miles on it!) We'll, my philosophy is, a breakage is just an opprotunity to upgrade. So what clutch do you guys recommend for a Supra at say... BPU+75shot or Small Single level of power?

Mike T

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you plan to stay at that power level, I wouldn't go past an RPS Stage 2. If you're ever going higher, go ahead and get a nice clutch now (RPS 3) w/ a lightened flywheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts