Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I tried doing a 2nd gear burnout today. The car crawler to a hault and didnt even break loose. So I start the car and the clutch is still engaged. Luckily 1st is low enough to allow it to start and I was able to drive it home. Transmission shifts fine. The clutch pedal feels like it should but the clutch doesnt disengage at all. I havent crawled under it yet to take a look. Any ideas as to a likely problem? Kinda wierd that the clutch weight feels right, but doesnt disengage the clutch. BTW I have a Fedanza flywheel, RPS 6 puck clutch and MAX pressure plate, if that helps any.

Thanks all.

After a bit of research and crawling under the car, I found that the clutch plate was fused to the flywheel. I popped it loose and all is well now. Looks like I got lucky for once.

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
You will have this if you try to slip pucked clutches with lightweight or stock flywheels. Power is not the sole contribututor to fusing them. Its how much the driver slips it.

I might be notch for a bit, but I would take it out to inspect it. My WOTM disc was chunked from this situation that happened to you.

DP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts