Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am having a slight problem… I was out driving yesterday and my Supra ran like a champ. Now today I go to start it and the clutch feels really “weak”, like there was no pressure, but it still started. The clutch just feels like a loose pedal that has no purpose. Did my clutch go out in the middle of the night or what?! I am not sure what to do here…

Any info/help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i assume you already checked the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder?

it could be a slow leak, and overnight all the fluid leaked out.........

i doubt you broke the fingers or springs inside the pressure plate. did you go underneath and take a look at the slave cylinder to see if it's still nice and secured?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...There is a puddle under my car. However, I do not know exactly what to look for when it comes to this.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
easy..........put some fluid in, and have your friend/wife/spouse/neighbour/local drunk come and press on the pedal slowly and keep an eye out to see where the leak is coming from

more than likely, it's gonna be your softline (rubber line going to the slave cylinder)

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok, now for the all time n00b question... what fluid will i need for this operation? Then what should I do if it is the softline?

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's in this area:

And this is what the unit looks like out of the car.

Just go get some clutch fluid or brake fluid at autozone and dump it in. You may have to replace the master and slave cylinder...

Good luck man and I hope this helps!

-Nick-

P.S. Sorry for the huge picture.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found it... what exactly should i be looking for?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
did you put fluid in it, and have someone pump the clutch pedal while you look around underneath for a leak like i stated originally?

·
A.E. Motorsports
81 Posts
Ok dude this just happened to me last month. First look under the clutch master cylinder (resevoire thingy) while somone pumps the pedal. Then, with the car on jackstands, get under the car and look while having someone pump. The softline is the only hose that goes to the tranny on the drvr side. There is a wire though so don't get confused. Check that and the slave which is the thing it conects to. If all of that is good but your tranny is soaked in brake fluid (mine was) then the boot inside the slave is the culprit. Rebiuld it or just go to driftmotion and buy a new slave, master and a cool new stainless hose to replace the soft one. Don't forget to bleed it and get it adjusted right (tsrm). I still can't get mine adjusted right but who knows? Hope that helps man. Btw jack stands are deffinately needed to do the slave, but if your small or have a high enough curb by your house you can do it blind and one handed like me!!!! LOL

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I located the leak inside of the car right by the clutch pedal. So I pulled out the master cylinder and it looks pretty bad/old/ruined. So I am getting that replaced. Should I just go ahead and replace the soft line and slave cylinder while I'm at it? It would seem to make sense.

·
A.E. Motorsports
81 Posts
I did. Besides, for what it costs, its worth the piece of mind I think. I never want to get in my car again and find it completely undrivable for something so easy. Its like the sound of a straw running out of soda in a cup. Ssllluuuurrp ''aaaawwwww!!!!!! And things were so good!'' Its depressing.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, alright... I will do both

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, so I finally got my new master and slave cylinders installed after waiting 2 weeks for NAPA to get them. :faint:

Now... How should I go about bleeding it?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
^ it's waiting to be installed on a new 7m sitting on an engine stand. :D It's a learning process

Now this so called bleeder plug.. is that on the slave cylinder?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, i could try and get some...

anyways, I got it bled, but now my clutch pedal wont hit/press the little switch/button thingy. it's too far away. what can i do to fix that?

·
4,627 Posts
^ it's waiting to be installed on a new 7m sitting on an engine stand. :D It's a learning process

Now this so called bleeder plug.. is that on the slave cylinder?
I was a MM close to posting the slave with the bleeder plug on it. HAHA

I'm not sure how to adjust the start switch. It should have a nut on it like the stop light sensor.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it doesnt seem that my clutch is going in far enough... like it is stuck on something

1 - 20 of 57 Posts