Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people .. I am wondering , I am looking for a good performance heavyduty clutch , have any ideas guys ?
which should I get , or what kind ?
thanks;)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
cheap--->wotm or hpf (~54lbs stock flywheel)
medium--->rps twin disc carbon/carbon (~35lbs & rebuildable)
pricey--->tilton tridisc carbon/carbon (~15lbs & rebuildable)

wieghts are w/flywheel, hope that helps

Daniel

·
Registered
372 Posts
Another option is the TRD setup through Curt at Elmhurst. $600 for disc, pressure plate, pilot and throw-out bearing. It can handle a little more than what you are running now (basically anything the stock twins can throw at it). If you're planning to ditch the twins, then I'd go with a beefier setup. But if not, then the TRD clutch is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I like my south bend pressure plate over the rps. If I remember right, the TRD pressure plate is made by rps. The south bend has lighter pedal pressure and should be ok at 550. I haven't tried the kevlar or dual friction disks yet but I'd give one of those a try if I wasn't making more than 550 or drag racing a lot. I'd avoid the six puck metalic disks if possible. I had one eat the hell out of the flywheel in one year. Don't forget you'll need a new $450 flywheel with the new clutch.

If money wasn't an issue I'd try a carbon/carbon.

·
Registered
372 Posts
can't u keep the stock flywheel if it's not too beat up? I haven't done so myself but I've heard it's done quite often.

·
Old School
4,180 Posts
TooSlow said:
Another option is the TRD setup through Curt at Elmhurst. $600 for disc, pressure plate, pilot and throw-out bearing. It can handle a little more than what you are running now (basically anything the stock twins can throw at it). If you're planning to ditch the twins, then I'd go with a beefier setup. But if not, then the TRD clutch is the best bang for the buck.
Get the South Bend 100% Kevlar w/their pressure plate. I've had both, the SBC drives like the TRD only with a lighter pedal, holds more torque and resists glazing over from slipping far better then the TRD (uses the stock organic disc).

The TRD is a great clutch, but the kevlar disc from SBC is a step up.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Never seen those before, sweet setup. Is that under $600 including the flywheel?

·
Old School
4,180 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts