Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I drove to work today fine... and then when I was finished working i came out to my car to drive home only to realize that when i went to put the clutch in and drive away it went straight to the floor and i guessed right away that the clutch had gone...at least thats what i think. The car actually starts up but only if I push the clutch in really hard. I cant get it into any gears and now my car is sitting at my work place. Is it my clutch that went and can I adjust the clutch so that I can drive it to a shop. I dont want to ruin my flywheel or tranny. Also if it is the clutch how much am I looking at to replace it.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Did your slave cylinder fall off or something? Its a small horizontally mounted cylinder on the front of the tranny on the drivers side.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
or you have a leak..... try pumping up the clutch a few times...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried pumping like 5 or 6 times and nothin... i didnt check to see if the slvae cylinder fell off...does that actually happen??

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I would check to see if your clutch slave cylinder has failed on ya, first take a look by the pedals to see if you have an signs of fluids, if so, then the slave needs to be replaced, then check to make sure your SLAVE has fluid in it, then if those are all good, then come back to this thread, aight good luck, peace :chicken:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well when i checked the clutch fluid in the daylight I saw my problem....being that there wasnt any in there. Anyway im retarded and thought the problem was way more complicated that it really was. Oh should I bleed the lines now?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I was going to tell you to check your fluid level first. There is your problem, but it is not your solution. You probably have a leaky slave cylinder (a common failure point). Whatever it is, you have to find out where you are leaking from.

As far as bleeding goes, it wont hurt, but it is not necessary if you had some fluid in the lines.

G'luck, and 5 speeds rule!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts