Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when I get out my car with it running, the clutch makes a rattling sound and if I press in the clutch it quits. It has the rps twin disk, is this normal? Thanks for any comments on this.

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
Yeah, its normal. I've got a twin disc too along with a LWFW, which I'm sure the RPS has as well. Its a little annoying, but you'll get used to it.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Yes it it normal. If you run an AEM you can set your idle at about 1100rpm or to the point where the sound is gone.

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
Yep, thats your tranny making the noise which is perfectly normal. You dont really notice it with a stock flywheel since the factory one is dampening and it absorbs the vibrations keeping it from rattling.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have the RPS max PP with stock disk and stock flywheel and I still get a very small amount of noise when im in nuetral but when I press the clutch it goes away.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I have the same issue and I've got a stock clutch and flywheel. I can hear it make its last shudder when I shut my car off. It started making a loud shudder/whine the last time iwas at the 1/4 mile track. It would not immediately go away unless pressed down on the clutch or let it cool down.

Can someone explain why i can hear and feel it after normal drives? warped clutch? it doesnt seem to slip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts