Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
From the land down under
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Im hoping I can find some sound advice for my jza80 na-t project. I have swapped the HG(9.2:1) and put 440cc injectors in, emanage ultimate, innovate wb02, EBC etc and planning on running it off the gate spring for the forseeable future until I can afford a r154 swap.

I know that the w58 is the weakest link in my setup so dont plan on beating on it until I have all my parts for the gearbox swap.

After lots of reading forums and searching stores product lines, I still havent worked out what clutch I would be best putting behing my 2jz.

My question is would I be better to get a slightly less agressive clutch to avoid transferring the torque so violently? Is there a clutch on the market that has a little bit of slip so as to not be so hard on the box?

Any 1st hand experiences and suggestions are greatly appreciated as I really want to make sure I make the right decision before spending more money.

The car should be capable of around 400whp but I wont be running it that high until I can afford the swap.

Thanks alot for any advice/direction to clutches I should look at.

Cheers :)

Mr Ree

·
Registered
596 Posts
i have a 1j with a w58 behind it, right now i am using the centerforce dual friction clutch and a fidanza alum flywheel, its a pretty good combo for what i have now, holds the power real well,it has a nice and progressive pedal feel and doesn't kill your leg

·
From the land down under
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, cheers for the info :)

How much power are you putting through your W58?

And how much was the clutch and flywheel set up to buy?

Cheers ;)

Mr Ree

·
Registered
596 Posts
the clutch pp and disc came to about 300 same for the flywheel, im putting down about 300 to the wheels with no problems

·
Joey Augusta Ga
27 Posts
I am running an rps clutch with what horsepowerfreaks.com call a super clamp. i have had it for over 2 years and about 40k mi. It was rated at 500whp but i am producing about 408 at the wheels on the na-t. Oh I have factory flywheel and tranny. I did pick up a spare w58 just in case lol.

·
no one likes the tuna
592 Posts
i bought that cheap xtd crap off ebay. dont waste your money. it cant handle the power. mine has been slipping ever sense i went NA-t. i am no long NA-t right now i did an aristo swap and its still in 1 peice. i just went the the track and ran a crappy 13.4 with the slipping clutch

·
From the land down under
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am running an rps clutch with what horsepowerfreaks.com call a super clamp. i have had it for over 2 years and about 40k mi. It was rated at 500whp but i am producing about 408 at the wheels on the na-t. Oh I have factory flywheel and tranny. I did pick up a spare w58 just in case lol.
Hi there,
Thanks for the info, do you have a link to the model you are using so I can do some research please?

Its promising hearing your w58 is still holding together running 18psi and 400whp.

How do you treat your car? Im trying to listen to as much 1st hand experience from people with w58 na-t set ups. Im sure I can make it last a while with a bit of respect and common sense. Well I hope I can lol

Cheers mate

·
From the land down under
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not the best recommendation, but its one. I used the xtd stg 4 6 puck from ebay on my na-t. It held 11psi no problem on a 60-1. Should have been about 350whp.
Hey there, how did you find the drivability once fitted with the puck clutch? I really dont want to pass on all the stress from the button clutch through the little gearbox ;)

Cheers

·
From the land down under
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i bought that cheap xtd crap off ebay. dont waste your money. it cant handle the power. mine has been slipping ever sense i went NA-t. i am no long NA-t right now i did an aristo swap and its still in 1 peice. i just went the the track and ran a crappy 13.4 with the slipping clutch
Hi, how much HP were you putting down, both in na-t set up and then with the aristo engine? How bad was it slipping at the drags?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts