Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It started about two weeks ago. It is pushing the slave cylinder and the arm but it is not releasing the clutch. I bled the clutch tonight hoping there was just some air in the line.

no luck.

ANyone else had this problem? Anything in particular I should check?

·
Registered
111 Posts
You bled the brakes? You should have bled the clutch master cylinder. If that doesn't work. You probably need to buy a new clutch master cylinder.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i had the same problem some time ago. it took about a week or two for it to show up with me as well. i found out after bleeding the line twice and having the same problem resurface was that the lines weren't tight enough and secondly, i had to adjust the clutch pedal about ten or twenty times to get it right. long pedal travel and midway engagment is what finally worked for me. if i turned it two rotations clockwise and then attached it to the pedal again, it would lock up after about a week. so it's very picky on my car. hope this helps.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
My guess would be a worn slave cylinder piston. Happened to me years ago...on a first date. Oh man, I had to take her home in a tow truck. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts