Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight I did a 3-4-5th gear pull, afterwards i noticed pressing the clutch in did nothing. I can still shift into gears but if i come to a light obviously it stalls since it wont go into neutral when i press in the clutch. The clutch didn't burn at any point tonight and still doesn't. Is the clutch stuck??? I'm new to standards in a performance car and have never encountered a problem like this. Any ideas on how to fix this??? Car is a 94 SC300 NA-T with the W58 with a stage 3 clutch.

·
no one likes the tuna
592 Posts
so if you push in the clutch at a stop it doesnt disengage the clutch? have someone push the clutch pedal while you feel the slave cylinder to see if its pushing on the throw out bearing fork

·
1%er
199 Posts
It's highly likely you f'd your slave cylinder up, had a similar experience once, It's either snapped in half like mine did or you got a leak and the slave cylinder wont hold any pressure. It could even be the hoses but you wont know until you get them pressure tested. Either way shouldnt be and expensive fix if its that. G/L

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
you may have snapped the lip off the yoke and snap rings are not holding yoke in place on the pressure plate so pressure plate is not moving with fork

remove access panel on side of tranny , get a flashlight while someone presses the clutch see if you have any travel within pressure plate and see if fork is moving or may have popped off

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you may have snapped the lip off the yoke and snap rings are not holding yoke in place on the pressure plate so pressure plate is not moving with fork

remove access panel on side of tranny , get a flashlight while someone presses the clutch see if you have any travel within pressure plate and see if fork is moving or may have popped off
Would there be any other signs of this? Any abnormal noises?? My clutch pedal still feels normal. I don't have access to a lift so I want to at least think I know what it is before I bring it somewhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts