Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oem or cheap part store clutch kit?

i can get cluth, PPlate, Tobearin, and the nose bearing or what ever for like 195 after tax, and from what ive seen the parts store wants 290..

with the cost of the part store one i could find a performance clutch some where on the net.. im sure.. but going oem i could save 100 bucks or so and go strait to a one peice steel drive shaft..

any ways .. some times i wish i would have saved and bought a turbo 5-speed..

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
if you're stock and plan on being stock, then that will probably work. I you want to go anything past stock, you'll most likely NUKE that clutch Really quick.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mod list.. .nuke witch clutch? both or oem??

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
OEM should hold that just fine. "Cheapo" one will most likely not. Toyota makes REALLY good stuff.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after talking on the phone w/ ra24man he sugested getting a act or a prs pressure plate, and running a oem clutch , saying that the clutch material toyota uses should hold up, but the PP isn't strong enough to grip..

·
Registered
229 Posts
talk to tim at rrev motorsports... hes hookin me up with a pretty good clutch kit for 550... its a lot.. but its sapposed to hold up to like 500-600 hp. and its got the clutch and pp and some berings i think.... or if you find something better! let me know!!!

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can get a clutch kit from toyota for 193 or so, and i was told that if i use a new oem clutch disk with a better after market presure plate that it shouldbe good for 350-450 hp or soo..

if u want some discounts from toyota, let me know just call em price it, and call me, and i'll get back to you.

360 909-0585

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
229 Posts
looks good...but from what ive heard about ebay stuff...... yeah.

/offtopic

this one guy bought an intercooler off ebay and it blew up under some high boost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts