Supra Forums banner

clutch????

462 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  kmn5 
#1 ·
i was wondering what is the best streetable clutch for the w58 tranny im looking to push 600-700hp or more. i am already pushing out 450bhp but on high rpms the clutch i have slips a bit. i was looking at the horsepowerfreak clutch or powerhouse racing clutch. is there any other clutch i could use?

#2 ·
eyeSoarer said:
i was wondering what is the best streetable clutch for the w58 tranny im looking to push 600-700hp or more. i am already pushing out 450bhp but on high rpms the clutch i have slips a bit. i was looking at the horsepowerfreak clutch or powerhouse racing clutch. is there any other clutch i could use?
I'm sure you know this already, but at 6-700 hp you won't have a tranny to worry about for long.

#4 ·
bpusupra said:
Not exactly true, someone on the forums has already made 698rwhp on the w58 5spd an had not had a problem with it yet. So it seems to be able to hold the power quite well.
one person? HAHA its a proven fact the trannys are crap...seriously, he just got lucky...i personally saw a W58 tranny get torn up at that HP rating last year...

#6 ·
that good to hear, ill change my mind on hp. i was going to sell my garrett t04 for a bigger turbo but now you think i should just sell off the turbo, manifold and wastegate and stick with the stock twins and build around that?
in another thread i was reading about the rps stage 5 clutch it good up to 500-590hp

#7 ·
From what i hear, 500+ hp and the tranny is a ticking bomb. i wouldnt be worrying about a clutch at those numbers. Its more about looking into the r154 conversion or v160 swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.