Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a recent customer of MVP motorsports and I just need some advice from the Supra experts. I currently own a 93 TT six speed with the TRD twin disc and flywheel combo. I've only put two thousand miles on the clutch. I've raise the idle to 1200 but still i'm not please with the results.

Now I know about the LW flywheel problem. I want to go back to the OEM flywheel but need a clutch to hold power also.

My future goals is to make 500-550 RWHP streetable with a Greddy T78 Kit. I dont go to the track, I usually just street race and highway pulls. I want a clutch that is quiet since this is my weekend car.

I was thinking about the RPS (So Many choices), ACT, or Arizona clutches.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
I answered this in email yesterday to Jason here at MVP. I assume he forwarded it to you...

Regards,

Dusty

·
Boost Junkie
12,636 Posts
Are you worried about the rattle you are getting at idle?

Steve K.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, just checked that email. Seems to get faster replies here on the forums. Sorry about the double posting. I'll be ordering a clutch soon.

Thanks,

tuyen

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Here's what I emailed Jason here at MVP in response to NooBSupra.

For a customer like this who simply can not deal with a lightweight flywheel, we recommend:
RPS Stage 3 with Street Disc + OEM flywheel.

The AZ will be too harsh for someone like him I think, and the ACT is a piece of crap in a Supra (although wonderful in Eclipses).

Thanks,

Dusty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts