Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2007 Cobalt SS and has trying to do some research on turbo kits for the cobalt, his questions are..

1) do they make turbo kits for the cobalt ss
and
2)would the 2.4L be able to handle the turbo

i really don't know what to say to em, so i thought id just post his questions on here, because there are some very smart people here so what the hell

thanks

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
why doesnt he just upgrade the supercharger :1poke: would be a lot easier than swapping it out for a turbo

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm sure you can get a smaller pulley for the supercharger..... but honestly who cares about a Cavalier? I'd just sell it since modifying it would void the warranty anyway.

·
turbo
582 Posts
cause some people want a new car but dont have the money to pay 30k+ for a so called real car. or their parents bought them that car.
Hell if they make turbo kits for regular cobalts, I m sure you could just stick it on there. who knows how much they can handle really.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
You can get a stage III upgrade from Chevy and bump the horsepower up to around 300HP and still keep the factory warranty. It's just like the mopar upgrades for the SRT4. Tell him to talk to his dealer about the upgrades.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very good information guys... i appreciate

reason why he doesnt have the supercharged version is because he got the ss with no money down for a good monthly payment, blah blah and another reason is because he doesnt know how to drive a stick.. lol i know

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
very good information guys... i appreciate

reason why he doesnt have the supercharged version is because he got the ss with no money down for a good monthly payment, blah blah and another reason is because he doesnt know how to drive a stick.. lol i know
I'm confused here. I thought the whole thing that made the SS the SS was the supercharger. Take the supercharger away and you have a regular old Cobalt...

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I also thought the SS was stick only

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
why do people still hate? damn it's SO annoying. the cobalt SS is a VERY capable car. for refrence check the super street time attack challenge and nhra for the drag racing one. bottom line they can be very fast either way u want to go with it. just because your car is rwd or expensive doesn't make YOU cool. especially when u get passed with your girl in the car by a "cobalt." fast cars are just that. fast cars.

·
Banned
497 Posts
why do people still hate? damn it's SO annoying. the cobalt SS is a VERY capable car. for refrence check the super street time attack challenge and nhra for the drag racing one. bottom line they can be very fast either way u want to go with it. just because your car is rwd or expensive doesn't make YOU cool. especially when u get passed with your girl in the car by a "cobalt." fast cars are just that. fast cars.
Because it's Supra froums and anything other than Japanese products are total shit...:)

·
Banned
12 Posts
thread failure:1poke:

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Every forum is this way, I have found the Viper and Vette forums to be the worst for this.

As far as the Cobalt SS, not a bad little car for the $$$$, although I would rather do an SRT-4.

Because it's Supra froums and anything other than Japanese products are total shit...:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts