Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Got Boost?
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, first off i know this question has come up alot. But i did multiple searches and never really found the meat and potatoes of what im looking for. I can clear my codes and everything is good, but then once in awhile when im driving or sitting idling i will get a buck in the engine as if something cut out for a second and then it will catch itself. Right at the time of catching itself it sets a code 14 and the check engine light comes on and then goes off within about 5 seconds. The code 14 is set as a hard code into the ecu though. I know its directly related to the buck or miss that happens VERY intermittently, and its a definate one at that. I could be sitting at a stop light for example and it will almost kill the engine but it doesnt quite. If anyone has any ideas please post them up! Id really like to get this looked after asap. :dunno:

·
Got Boost?
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i know its an ignition code. My only problem is ive tried two sets of coilpacks and im also on my second CPS due to trying to cure this problem. Im almost wondering if its my ignitor. Its so intermittant though that its hard to diagnose.

·
Registered
583 Posts
try shaking a wire. my guess would be there is a bad wire and when the car bogs down or busk the wire comes back into contact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts